Bobspropshop.com

His shop is 1/4 miles from my house. I've seen him at the grocery store a couple of times.

He doesn't know who I am or what I look like. He's hard to miss.

I don't know about his other props (though I had heard rumors before he even showed up in the GB hobby), but pretty much everything he does in the world of Ghostbusters has been a recast of someone else's work. He recast Bowelrock's studio pack, he recast KCGhostbuster's Bumper, recast MMM's HGA, and for the moment he is selling recasts of MMM's proton gun body and parts he bought from another recaster called Propcrazed. In his latest video he claims he will start offering his own proton gun soon, and if history is to repeat itself I would imagine that means he found someone else to recast.

He has also threatened other members with violence, on video, not to mention another video he posted of himself urinating on the photo of another RPF member.
Propcrazed's parts are also recasts of MMM's parts. Specifically the grips, which still have remnants of MMM's brand on them.
And yeah... I wonder who the "someone else" is that he'll recast... hopefully not the guy with THE best resin proton gun kit currently available. *nudge nudge*
Once it's out I'd be looking at his "new" proton gun pretty closely if I were you, TC.
His shop is 1/4 miles from my house. I've seen him at the grocery store a couple of times.

He doesn't know who I am or what I look like. He's hard to miss.
Oh wow! That's exciting. I bet it's like spotting Bigfoot! Or at the very least like SMELLING Bigfoot.

Last edited:
I'm looking to buy as close to a fully built as possible, movie accurate proton pack. I just found this site today. Before coming here, all I heard about was how videobob's was THE place to buy your best proton pack. And I was going to buy from him, until I read all the horrible stuff about him. I don't want to support a guy like that.

Problem is, I can't find any other sites that sell as accurate, as fully built proton pack replica's as his.

Can anyone post some sites or point me in the right direction on where to buy?

as fully built proton pack replica's as his.

The thing to remember is that most Ghostbusters prop makers won't offer a fully finished Proton Pack out of respect for Sony, those who do (like Bob's been trying to do) run the risk of encurring the studio's wrath, which could then put the kybosh on everything.

Supporting Bob doesn't just support a recaster, it supports a guy so egotistical that he doesn't have any qualms about getting things shut down for everyone as long as he makes a quick buck.

i don't know much about the guy, but the very very simple fact of the matter is where there is a demand, there will be a supply.

There is, without question, a demand for proton pack replicas. Why Sony doesn't license out the rights to create and sell a quality proton pack is beyond me.

However, there are countless others like me out there that have zero skills when it comes to tools. So buying a fully built pack is virtually the only way I will have get to enjoy one.

eBay the only place then?

Because a lot of the parts on a proton pack are found items that would require them to license in order to use those parts and by the time they finished with that, plus made it safe to sell to people by abiding all safety laws and productions laws you would be left with something expensive and not accurate at all....... In the long run, if you buy a shell and build one, just think of it as a puzzle

Also I don't suggest buying from eBay, too many recast era and you'll pay through the nose if you buy in October and it probably won't be a quality pack ...... Proton packs are one of those props, if you want it done right, it's gonna cost ya, if you want it cheap, build it yourself ....... That's just the nature of these things

If I buy a shell, how hard is it to add parts? Just buy them and glue them in? What about the electronics for sounds and light? Those look really difficult for someone with zero experience.

GBFans.com

Study, study, study. I've been collecting parts for almost a year and am attempting to complete this for Halloween. It isn't an easy task if you want it done accurately. And it is not a cheap build either.

Although I feel that's part of what makes it more rewarding in the end :)

If I buy a shell, how hard is it to add parts? Just buy them and glue them in? What about the electronics for sounds and light? Those look really difficult for someone with zero experience.

It all depends on the materials. I have a fiberglass shell with mostly aluminum parts. I have either drilled and tapped parts and then screwed them on, or used rivets. I would think that with resin parts you would want to secure them the same way.

If you are buying a shell, you'll want to at least have a drill. A dremel works wonders as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The advantage to bolting parts down whether they are metal or plastic means you can always upgrade later.

My pack is fiberglass with almost all real or aluminum parts. Im tapping and bolting down everything personally. The few parts that aren't can be unbolted and upgraded later if I wish. Otherwise you could just glue parts down

And a dremel is your best friend in the prop building world :cool worth the investment for sure!

Building a good looking pack takes time and experience, Anyone can build something that resembles a proton pack, But if you are looking for accuracy it will take time, Allot of outsourcing goes into making a top notch pack. Some people collect for years just to build one pack, Others just build them with whatever they can find, You can build it as accurate or inaccurate as you want. In the end it will still be recognized as a proton pack and leave people saying "wow that's cool."

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back