Boba Fett - Galactic Space Rum

Aphius

Hey guys,

I'm a few of you have probably seen this image before;

I saw it a year or two back and thought how good it would be to make a proper version that could be printed and stuck on a bottle. So I started work on a sketch to kind of plan it out but I got stuck.

I'm not sure what to replace the sword, the barrel and the flintlock with. I considered Boba's blaster for either in the belt or the sword but it seemed like it might be too long for the belt, and too short for the sword. I didn't really want to roll with a lightsaber either as it'd probably not suit. :p

I know there's tons of Star Wars fans up in this, so I thought I might ask if those in the know have any suggestions to replace the things that I've mentioned? (See sketch below)

5356440406_e5eb4cdcdf.jpg

I could post the finished label when I am done if anyone would be so kind as to oblige. :)

emperors staff/yodas staff. Han solos greedo killer and then the barrel could be a wookie head or maybe a severed sarlacc beak.

For the blaster in the belt it could be the sidearm he has in ESB or one of his fathers blaster from ATOC.

For the sword it could be a blaster rifle like the ones rebel troops used on Hoth or perhaps the version used on Endor.

For the Rum barrel, it could be an R2 unit. They are kinda barrel shaped. ;)

For the blaster in the belt it could be the sidearm he has in ESB or one of his fathers blaster from ATOC.

For the sword it could be a blaster rifle like the ones rebel troops used on Hoth or perhaps the version used on Endor.

Both good suggestions, I'll have to go back and watch them to check out the guns. :)

For the Rum barrel, it could be an R2 unit. They are kinda barrel shaped. ;)

THIS. That would look awesome, I'll be doing that for sure.

Great idea and project! I don't really see the necessity of adding a blaster in his belt or something to replace the sword. The general layout of the illustration is the same and that's good enough. I mean, does Boba Fett need any extra weapons?! The cape billowing out, his foot on the R2 unit and the clouds and Slave 1 in the background should be enough to capture the style of the original.

Kind regards,
Magnoli

Was gonna suggest the R2 unit myself :)

How about the Sail Barge in the background - given it has sails? :) And Slave One on the left of the label?
Adn the sword could be a severed Sarlacc tentacle?

I'm so in for a label or two if you have them printed BTW! Ideal Xmas presents!

Here is my $0.02

Skip the flintlock. There is no need for a gun there.

For the barrel, use a Star Wars crate like this:

Toy Box

For the sward use the "tuning fork" looking gun he had in the cartoon:

Fett with Gun

Cool idea. You should put this in the paper props section.

I thought the Tusken gaffi stick would be a logical choice as far as shape, but not really something Fett would have though.

I also thought a Star Destroyer would be a good replacement for the ship in the background, but, yes, the Sail Barge would make more sense, would look more like a traditional ship, and would be keeping with a Tatooine and Boba Fett theme.

Another choice besides a droid would be for him to have his foot planting on the levitating Han in carbo block, but I think I like the droid idea best.

I kind of like the extra gun in the belt.

Being a graphic artist, SW fan, and lover of rum, this has my attention.

I really like how it's coming along, and I agree, you should consider an R2 or R4 unit for the barrel. You could have Slave 1 in the background with (if possible) the loading bay open and a two silhouetted figures loading up the booty (a silhouette of Han in Carbonite being loaded). If that wouldn't look good, then I agree with the Sail Barge in it's place. If you felt like including a belt gun, I was going to suggest (but read it above) Jango's pistol.

Are you going to build this in a vector program or hand draw it? If you do it in a vector program, it will be easy to swap out parts to see which combination you'd like. I would be happy to assist (if you feel like it), I have alot of experience in bottle labels (particularly Trek).

definitely think a droid for the barrel.

how about something random for the right hand, like a golf club or a hockey stick?

You could turn the right arm outward and pointed upward, with his rifle in hand.

Nix the pistol in belt.

In place of the barrel put a floating Han in carbonite, with just the slightest hint of face detail showing over the edge (it would leave a gap under since his containment unit floats). Behind him should be Slave I at the dock on Cloud City.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back