Boar Bio Paintup

Bovine13

Hey guys thought I would share the process I went through to do my Meangene83 Boar Bio.

Raw Bio
DSCN7100.jpg

Cut out eye hole
DSCN7102.jpg

Trimmed sides
DSCN7103.jpg

DSCN7104.jpg

Trimmed inner jaw line. Believe it or not it was like 3 inches thick in this area when I started.
DSCN7105.jpg

DSCN7107.jpg

Finished trimmed.
DSCN7109.jpg

DSCN7110.jpg

Mesh from Wal-Mart for visor. Bit on the large mesh side. I later painted it with black Plasti-dip.
DSCN7112.jpg

DSCN7113.jpg

Drawing carvings to be cut into face.
DSCN7114.jpg

DSCN7115.jpg

Primed.
DSCN7125.jpg

Taped for first color.
DSCN7128.jpg

First color.
DSCN7131.jpg

Tape removed.
DSCN7134.jpg

Back Taped for second color.
DSCN7137.jpg

DSCN7138.jpg

Second color.
DSCN7141.jpg

Tape removed.
DSCN7145.jpg

Weathered, carvings painted gold, and matte cleared.
DSCN7281.jpg

DSCN7282.jpg

DSCN7283.jpg

DSCN7284.jpg

I used automotive grade gray spray primer, and the Hammered finish paints. All from Home Depot. Hope this helps in some way. Thanks for looking. Pred on!

Thats awesome! Im going to be doing one myself and thats a very good step by step for us newbies. That mesh where at walmart did you find that i've been looking all over that store and can't seem to find the section its in.

Thats awesome! Im going to be doing one myself and thats a very good step by step for us newbies. That mesh where at walmart did you find that i've been looking all over that store and can't seem to find the section its in.
In the Kitchen stuff section....Mainstays brand....drawer silverware organizer...@ $6.00 US.

I did anither one pretty much just like this one on a Biohunter76 Ancient Bio somewhere in hutorials as well.

I always love the tutorials like this. Thanks for sharing!

Which two Hammered colors did you use? It doesn't look like a normal silver.

This is a good way for newbies to see how to work on their own helmets. The idea of taping off sections and painting is useful!
A good way to show everyone how creative u can be as well!

You did a very nice job from start to finish.

The casting was a in bad shape when i sent it to ya, i almost through it in the trash but figured i would sell it for dirt cheap as a project to someone. You finished her up perfect. BTW that was the last original casting from my original mold. Before the BIOHUNTER edition was created with the different dome detail and cheek inserts.

Thank you for the tutorial Bovine - it will help a lot of folks out. I am not a huge fan of the Boar, but honestly your carvings and paintjob really make this an awesome looking Bio to be proud of...plus the fact that you did an EXCELLENT job on your tutorial...:cry:

frick-in awsome !!!! i always did like boa.... thanks alot Now i'm gonna have to spend some more money on yet another bio........

Glad you liked it guys.

I'll get the color names and repost tomorrow.

Gene, it was fun to work on this Bio. Thanks for selling it to me.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back