Blueprints

MetruMax

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking to create classic style blueprints.
1571709459785.png

Has anyone else tried to recreate this? What kind of paper would be best for this?

Regular bond recycled. If you want it to look like true aged blueprints you have to age them yourself, since there are few, if any blueprint machines around. You could add yellows and browns to make it look more realistic. ln the last 20-30 years we have been using regular bond paper with black toner.

TazMan2000

Regular bond recycled. If you want it to look like true aged blueprints you have to age them yourself, since there are few, if any blueprint machines around. You could add yellows and browns to make it look more realistic. ln the last 20-30 years we have been using regular bond paper with black toner.

TazMan2000
Any idea where I could get large sheets of that classic blue paper? That’s my struggle right now

Any idea where I could get large sheets of that classic blue paper? That’s my struggle right now

The paper isn't blue, it turns blue through the diazo process. This process uses harmful chemicals, which is a reason why few, if any print shops use it now.

TazMan2000

If you're hooked on making a actual blueprint, find a print shop that still has the old diazo machine. They will carry the paper.

TazMan2000

Just to let you know, the process of using the blue background with white lines, ended its life around the 1940s. From then on it was white paper with blue lines.

TazMan2000

The paper isn't blue, it turns blue through the diazo process. This process uses harmful chemicals, which is a reason why few, if any print shops use it now.

TazMan2000
Right, but I’m hoping to recreate the look, so I’d like to get blue paper, with white marker or something. I want that same classic blue blueprint look

I recommend you design your graphic and get it printed at a print shop. You can get them to print a test of the blue to see if it is right. Most wide format printers do not print to the edge so you may need them to cut the edges off.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back