Blueprints for the real Marvin android

TheSt.LouisKid

Sr Member
I saw that steaming pile a poo made last year and was wondering if anyone knew where I can get plans/blueprints for the real Marvin who was only given a brief cameo with no lines in the new move.

On the left, the true Marvin. On the right ...whatever. thanks.

marvin.jpg

Blueprints.....Brain the size of a planet and all they ask for is blueprints....Life....It's utter rubbish....

This is a poster from years ago. Might be something?

Huge Picture

(For the record, I love BOTH Marvins, but have always wanted to build the old school costume)

EDIT: Here's a good shot of the tape deck on his chest that I've never been able to find. The real suit is in the BBC studios in London.

TapeDeck.jpg

However after a LOT of working stuff out, I'm pretty sure of TWO things:
1) Marvin is six feet tall (I'm 5'7 3/4") - in the photo Marvin is on a platform of about 2 inches.
2) Because he was built in 1981, it's a fair bet that he was drawn up in Inches and feet, as a lot of his proportions seem to fall into place for a 6 foot robot.

Attachments

• frontside.jpg
    frontside.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 372
  • template.jpg
    template.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 328
Keeping a close eye on your progress Kangazang. I would sell my granny's ashes for a fiberglass Marvin head if you ever get round to printing one up.
I would love to have the paranoid Android's head sitting on my sideboard with eyes lit up and a speaker inside repeating Stephen Moore's phrases from the show.

Keeping a close eye on your progress Kangazang. I would sell my granny's ashes for a fiberglass Marvin head if you ever get round to printing one up.
I would love to have the paranoid Android's head sitting on my sideboard with eyes lit up and a speaker inside repeating Stephen Moore's phrases from the show.
Hi, the head is currently being modelled. It will be 3D printed by an independent maker. I'll ensure it's as accurate as possible before we print any. If you like the look of it when it's ready, I'll hook you up with the guy doing the printing - I won't expect any money for it, just pay the printer.

Attachments

• DD_amends oct 2019.jpg
    DD_amends oct 2019.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 420
Stephen Moore was excellent as Marvin.
Just perfect.

While Alan Rickman did a fine job, Marvin will always be Stephen Moore to me.

While I can recite from memory many of his lines, I never recognized his voice on Dr. Who.

RIP

I saw that steaming pile a poo made last year and was wondering if anyone knew where I can get plans/blueprints for the real Marvin who was only given a brief cameo with no lines in the new move.

On the left, the true Marvin. On the right ...whatever. thanks.

marvin.png

I'm offering all my R&D , pics, construction videos etc as a reward for pledges.
:)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back