Blue Thunder (remake)

I am a massive fan of the original, but I can kind of see this working, the whole drama of the original was them secretly filming something they weren't meant to, which then put the pilot and his copilot in danger, I guess that part at least could still happen, but we wont have the final fight over LA with quite the same level of danger if Murphy is never actually on board.

I am a massive fan of the original, but I can kind of see this working, the whole drama of the original was them secretly filming something they weren't meant to, which then put the pilot and his copilot in danger, I guess that part at least could still happen, but we wont have the final fight over LA with quite the same level of danger if Murphy is never actually on board.

Or they're going to use Dan O'cannon's original concept, which was to have an insane PD Helicopter pilot hijacking an advanced helicopter and then using it on innocent bystanders. But in this case, it's the pilot stealing the controls of a drone and using it in the same manner.

Let's not forget that the name Blue Thunder was a nick name after all. It's official name was the Special. Being an owner of the Inspire dual remote drone, I gotta say... I can see it work. Pilots will pretty much be on the ground, yeah, but it's a pretty practical idea. Having two people control the drone (one for the drone, one for the camera), it's a pretty wicked thing.

Of course I would much rather they stick with an actual helicopter than a drone, but we'll see how it goes.

With Dana Carvey as the voice of the drone.....
(If dont get the joke...look up Blue Thunder tv series)

Watching that series was a dream come true. Not because it was great or anything, but knowing that the series was going to reuse as much footage from the actual film as much as possible. Sometimes it was super awesome because the footage would be alternate takes of the same shots that I was super familiar with.

Enough already! I'm so sick of these remakes of good movies. If you're going to remake something, at least pick a movie that had a good premise, but didn't quite work. I hate the drone idea. The action in Blue thunder was 2 guys having an aerial cat and mouse game. Now what, two guys sitting at their computers? Exciting.

Enough already! I'm so sick of these remakes of good movies. If you're going to remake something, at least pick a movie that had a good premise, but didn't quite work. I hate the drone idea. The action in Blue thunder was 2 guys having an aerial cat and mouse game. Now what, two guys sitting at their computers? Exciting.

I'm calling it now:

The bad guy will be a military drone pilot-turned-terrorist who stole the one active Blue Thunder stealth drone, killing the technical team in the process, and intends to use it for typical Hollywood reasons (money, revenge, good old-fashioned psychosis).

The good guy will be the son of one of the team members who happens to be very good at flight simulators and video games in general and did some testing with the prototype (illegally, of course). When the drone is stolen and used on civilian targets as a show of resolve, the government needs a pilot who knows the system in and out, so they call on said boy to help, as he is Their Only Hope. The son will probably be aged between 16 and 25, and be a definite slacker type who had a strained relationship with Dear Old Dad. His girlfriend (clearly way out of his league) just broke up with him for being a slacker who will never amount to anything, and Mom died, to boot, so we can't help to feel sorry for him. His only comfort happens to be his best friend, a girl who is clearly meant to be unattractive, but whom we would all kill to have her look at us.

Learning of his father's death, Slackerboy gathers up the gumption enough to come in and take control of Blue Thunder Mk I, helping to get it retrofitted with weapons that it didn't have as a test craft. In a daring cat-and-mouse chase through the virtual city as said terrorist is sitting at a gleaming console with high tech equipment and military precision and slackerboy is at a control desk in the Pentagon surrounded by the Product Placement Brigade (Mt Dew, Doritos, Dominoes Pizza, and Hot Pockets) as well as the President and the Joint Chiefs, Slackerboy will pull some insane stunt that not even the experienced pilot dreamed that the drone could do and it will result in the destruction of Blue Thunder II.

Two seconds after the destruction, the FBI will break into the pilot's place and arrest him, only to find something unexpected. Dear Old Dad is still alive and was being used to keep Blue Thunder II up and running. A joyous reunion will take place, with Manly Tears being shed. Slackerboy's out-of-his-league ex-girlfriend will want him back, and he will blow her off to get together with his best friend, whom he realized he loved all along.

This will be the plot. I see it now.

I hope to all hell it isn't, but I just have a nasty feeling about it all.

:facepalm next up Airwolf remake where "the lady" is actually a high-tech garbage truck hell bent on world domination *sigh*

...so it's Blue Thunder in name only?

Just like all the other remakes and sequels. Total Recrap, RoboCylon, Terminator Genisux

A Syfy Original Movie.

if it had been SyFy then it would have been about a wrestler called Blue Thunder :lol

But guys, I heard that it will be an ALL FEMALE DRONE cast, so it should work...

That changes everything and makes it sound awesome, not :p

Blue.Thunder-%201983.mkv_snapshot_00.50.33_zpsw26mqsmt.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back