Blade's vampire slaying silver stake.

Simpson77

20150410_104336.jpgimage1-1-1.jpg Now then boys and girls, over the years I have collected a few movie props and replicas. Always wanted the silver stakes that was seen in Blade & Blade 2. Once the replica stakes were released I snapped up a set, then a few years later I was lucky enough to find and purchase a screen used metal spike from Blade 2. The picture attached in this thread is neither the screen used prop or an aluminium replica, infact this replica stake has been machined from solid sterling silver. I comissioned Jack Row to make this stake and I was lucky enough that he was willing to take this on. A nice investment piece in ultimate movie geekery ;-) Happy collecting peoples.

Now THAT is a shiny piece of metal :)

Did he put a lacquer coating on it or will it age?

Now you are all set to not only kill vamps, but any werewolves that come around. That's not prop collecting, that's just being prepared :)

Chris

Hahaha, thanks hydin. No they didn't lacquer it, will just handle it with cotton gloves and have a silver polishing cloth to give it a wee buffing now and again if needed, might actually look cool with a patina on it. Hopefully will find no vampires or werewolves that need slaying, don't wanna smear this lovely stake with blood, haha.

Damn man, seeing that really has me wanting to do a run of blade stakes that are silver plated.

Have you decided on a box display yet?

Chris

Not yet, will have to be something that fits the Blade theme. I liked your idea of painting display box with the glyphs like on the "truce key" as seen in Blade 2. Will come up with something. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back