Interest Blade Runner - Sebastian's Chess Set

Some people play with extra queens when a piece gets promoted.

I always played that you could promote your pawn for any of your own pieces that have been captured. Extra queens would make the game unbalanced.
It would certainly make the game harder to protect against extra queens.....maybe harder is the goal, but only masters would play this way.

So are the new updated pics in the first page what the Standard set would look like? I only ask because it was mentioned they would be black and white. To me they look beige and dark red. This isn't a complaint as I think those pics look great. Just looking for clarification.

So are the new updated pics in the first page what the Standard set would look like? I only ask because it was mentioned they would be black and white. To me they look beige and dark red. This isn't a complaint as I think those pics look great. Just looking for clarification.

While traditional chess sets are commonly black and white, the more artistic oriented vintage chess sets where red and beige. These are reoccurring colors. These have been aged beautifully. :love

Per standard terminology they are called black and white, but this set is indeed beige and black/red. They carefully match the coloring of the original sets.

-GG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back