Interest Blade Runner - Sebastian's Chess Set

That looks even sharper than your initial renders.
Very interested now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet :thumbsup

Any ideas of timescale?

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I believe Birdie has probably asked the most obvious question.

The photogrammetry has worked above my expectations, but it does have it's limitations. Right now I am reworking each piece to restore the reconstruction vs the actual photographs. Add in the time I have to spend on other commitments, and it has taken me longer than I would have liked. But the good news is, the eagle is probably the most difficult piece and it is done! The owl and wren are also done! The raven is probably 80% done! The hawk is probably 50% done! That only leaves the peacock to get started.

Please bear in mind that for myself and Slash, this is a longtime labor of love and not something we are trying to rush out the door. (Although Slash has put way more of both into it than I have.) So I am not trying to be coy with releasing the images or showing the progress, but we want this set to be right.

But that, being said, I have cleared the decks and I am aiming to have finished images of the set ready shortly before Christmas and begin taking orders at the same time.

Thanks for tolerating the long winded post, but this is probably the most important (to me) project I have undertaken.

Cheers-

Gordon

P.S. - You have no frakkin idea how big these pieces are! This aint' your daddy's chess set.

Thanks for the info Gordon. Of all the runs going on, this is also the most important one for me. A very long time coming and a big thank you to you and Slash for making it happen! I am still wondering what the more detailed Collector's Version will cost, but will surely be awaiting your post for this first run. "Not my Daddy's chess set" - love this comment! :D

Last edited:
Any updates?

I managed to pick up one of the innacurate Hoyle's sets and am now really keen on getting an accurate set :D

I have a set of Rick Russel's chess pieces, supplied as raw casting and I just love them. This set, finished at $200 is a real steal. It took me days to hollow out the pieces and epoxy in lead shot. I am still wrapping up the painting, but should have that done in the next week or so. Then on to building the chess board, something along the line of Rick's Red Dragon board. If I had not acquired my set, I would be begging for one of GG's sets. Nice work on this!!!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back