Blade Runner ID comparisons

Just curious...but was this info passed on by the same guy who told Phil that the wallet set ID was screen used? If so, I'm not sure I'd put much credence into his claims. Fool me once....

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Sep 13 2006, 04:59 PM) [snapback]1319482[/snapback]</div>
apologies, the photo previously posted here was requested to be removed by its owner.
[/b]

Um what the heck was this??? :confused :confused

not sure if it helps...

BadgeID.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(franz bolo @ Sep 13 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1319527[/snapback]</div>
I'm not sure either. I posted an image of the I.D. that is believed to be the original that Phil used to create his I.D.

FB
[/b]

It's that pesky Blad Runner Mafia...

Or it could be simply the fact that there are other parts of "the original" that don't match the screen used prop...

Oh well once again it appears the flow of information on the RPF is being restricted by what can only be assumed is personal gain...

The one I posted looks just like Phil's. So it's obvious that the reference he had was NOT of the screen used ID. This is for certain.

I guess the only other questions are, "Who owns the screen used ID" and "Is the one I posted a fake or is it authentic".

With no other information about the original being shared, we will have to make our own minds up.

FB

<div class='quotetop'>(Miniaturizer Ray @ Sep 14 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback]1319863[/snapback]</div>
So what was the ID that you posted a picture of (meaning who owns it, how did they get it, etc)?
[/b]

The ID that was posted and then removed was supposed to be a picture of the real deal "original" that Phil copied to make his set, not one of his replicas...

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Sep 14 2006, 02:45 AM) [snapback]1319699[/snapback]</div>
:cheers

The truth will be known someday, and hopefully in indisputable terms and context.
[/b]

The one indisputable fact that's come out of this thread is that Phils ID is a reproduction of a fake.

There's no possible way anyone can explain the tri-mark coming from anywhere else other than a screencap.
If the photos of the Worldcon ID hadn't shown up we never would have known...

I didn't get a chance to see the ID that was taken off real fast that you guys are talking about right now, but was it like the other ones posted? Or was this ID totally different and new as not being circulated before?

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Or was this ID totally different and new as not being circulated before?[/b]

It was a photo of the purported original real deal that Phil copied to make his replica, and yes it looked nearly identical to Phil's...

<div class='quotetop'>(AnsonJames @ Sep 15 2006, 08:27 AM) [snapback]1320315[/snapback]</div>
The one indisputable fact that's come out of this thread is that Phils ID is a reproduction of a fake.

[/b]

Thought I've agreed with virtually everything you've said so far, I must offer a contradictory opinion to that claim, only because it is not a proven or demonstrable fact that the id that phil used as a base is a fake. What I think we all feel confident in is that it wasn't the ID seen on screen in the Zhora scene, or the vid-fon scene. on that, i think we are all pretty confident.

But we don't know AS A FACT that the base for Phil's project was a fake. We seem to feel pretty confident in this assertion, but it certainly hasn't been PROVEN.

Unless I missed a post :)

<div class='quotetop'>(exoray @ Sep 14 2006, 11:17 PM) [snapback]1320358[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
Or was this ID totally different and new as not being circulated before?[/b]

It was a photo of the purported original real deal that Phil copied to make his replica, and yes it looked nearly identical to Phil's...
[/b][/quote]

Thanks for updating my nogging. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(MattMunson @ Sep 14 2006, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1320361[/snapback]</div>
Thought I've agreed with virtually everything you've said so far, I must offer a contradictory opinion to that claim, only because it is not a proven or demonstrable fact that the id that phil used as a base is a fake.

But we don't know AS A FACT that the base for Phil's project was a fake. We seem to feel pretty confident in this assertion, but it certainly hasn't been PROVEN.
[/b]

Good point and I think most people agree. I think people just mean the one used and seen in the movie is the "REAL" one and anything else that claims to be and isn't would indeed be "FAKE" for that specific claim.

It hasn't been proven it has any ties to the movie either, so I think it's a symantical thing at this point.

I don't know what to call it. Maybe OG-ID for the screen used and NO-G-ID for the one Phil based his on.

FB

I would say at BEST it could be called "production made" but I have my doubts as to it even being that...

There is definently no evidence to support it's use on screen and even a production made claim at this point is vague as the secret society won't talk...

>even a production made claim at this point is vague as the secret society won't talk...

I hate to break out an old chestnut, but:

Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do, We do.

Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do, we do.

Who keeps back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do, we do.

Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we dooooooo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back