Blade Runner ID comparisons

juno

Sr Member
Undoctored HD cap of the BR movie:

[attachmentid=11972]

Brightened and rotated:

[attachmentid=11973]

[attachmentid=11974]

Juno, curious where you acquired that image from, the Phil ID? Seeing as I took that pic and didnÂ’t give you permission to post it.

Just wondering

Thomas

This is a VERY interesting. The screen cap and the ID look nothing alike. This was supposed to be based off of the original though...

If anything, the ID in the screencap looks very similar to the one from Worldcon.

-Bryan

<div class='quotetop'>(wynnstudio @ Sep 8 2006, 02:49 PM) [snapback]1315668[/snapback]</div>
Who emailed it? I would really like to know who is trading around my work.

Thomas
[/b]

They had gotten it off the OT a long time ago. I don't even know if they knew it was yours. I have other pictures of the ID though that I can post if you'd like.

Also, the person who e-mailed it to me is banned here, so I won't mention their name on the forum.

Okay, I have to ask.
>ahem<

So are you going to be taking the photos of the ID down Juno?

(ducks for cover) :)

<div class='quotetop'></div>
They had gotten it off the OT a long time ago. I don't even know if they knew it was yours. I have other pictures of the ID though that I can post if you'd like.
[/b]

I would prefer a different one is posted. I know Phil didn’t want images posted and that photo wasn’t for public consumption. It was mistakenly photographed to begin with, it was mixed in with other BR ID’s and at the time I didn’t even know about the Phil run. If someone else is willing to photograph the ID after agreeing not to, then show that image. Not mine and I still control it posting rights beyond the original deal.

Thanks

Thomas

I would really like to know who is trading around my work. [/b]

Lots of folks have been trading that around since it got posted on the OT. It's been posted here before too, briefly.

Cat's way outta the bag on that one, sorry to say.

Not to sound like a monday morning quarterback, but if you want people to know a photo is yours, a watermark or note at the bottom is a good idea.

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Sep 8 2006, 11:00 AM) [snapback]1315681[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
I would really like to know who is trading around my work. [/b]

Lots of folks have been trading that around since it got posted on the OT. It's been posted here before too, briefly.

Cat's way outta the bag on that one, sorry to say.
[/b][/quote]

Well it still doesn't mean my wishes cannot be respected. ItÂ’s my photo. I also know a lot of the history and wish that my work not be used for any agendas. Now if Phil says it's ok then IÂ’m fine with it.

<div class='quotetop'>(SethB6025 @ Sep 8 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]1315688[/snapback]</div>
Not to sound like a monday morning quarterback, but if you want people to know a photo is yours, a watermark or note at the bottom is a good idea.
[/b]

For that photo it was different. It was never to be posted online (or photographed for that matter). It was covered under an NDA/gentlemenÂ’s agreement so there should be a need for a watermark because it should have never been uploaded in the first place.

Thomas

Well it still doesn't mean my wishes cannot be respected. [/b]

And did I say otherwise? I did not. Simply trying to educate you on a subject you are clearly not aware of.

ItÂ’s my photo. I also know a lot of the history and wish that my work not be used for any agendas. Now if Phil says it's ok then IÂ’m fine with it.[/b]

Because Phil has no agenda? Honestly, if you know the history than you know it's been in circulation for a long time.

For that photo it was different. It was never to be posted online (or photographed for that matter). It was covered under an NDA/gentlemenÂ’s agreement so there should be a need for a watermark because it should have never been uploaded in the first place.[/b]

And if a person went agianst the NDA and publically released the photo, that would legally be between them and the issuer of said, herein, I think we know who that person is, and that said poster has wheretofor posted this image on multiple boards.

I'm sorry the image has been circulated Thomas, is what I mean to say, but it has.

Not mine and I still control it posting rights beyond the original deal.[/b]

Are we just making up rights now? There is no such thing as posting rights. Show me that law book please, and I will be happy to apologize if you do.

You certainly have the right to post it if you took it, or have it, or have saved it. You also have the right to ask people to remove it, but they have the right to say no. The mods also have the right to remove it if they see fit.

Do you understand these right as I have explained them to you?

OK, kidding aside, is this really the first time you've seen this posted Thomas?

I hold the copyright which gives me the right of where it is displayed. And yes this is the first time I have seen this version of it posted online. I saw another one posted before and that was by the person I did the job for and they too have the right to post it.

This all goes back to respect of over members.

I felt posting it was not fair to Phil. I can ask for it to be taken down. Juno has no rights to post an image she has no copyright too. Yes it happens all the time. But seeing as I am a memeber here and the other owner is not I can ask it not to be posted.

Thomas

Much like Karl OWNS the photos he took, Tom owns the photos that HE took. It ain't rocket science. [/b]

Karl released by the photos when he posted them. By "rights" someone else could post them without true legal ramifications.

Karl didn't put a copyright on the photos before posting them, but no one who likes Karl will post them because we respect his wishes (like Thomas)

Now, if I had posted Karls photo without knowing they were his, then he showed up and said they were his, what does that mean? Nothing.

Now in this case, Thomas has a well established style (I LOVE his photography by the way, Thomas, I love your photography) so there really isn't a question, and I agree with him.

The only posting rights we have in terms of any real control is if someone respects our wishes. You cannot legally force anyone to remove a posted picture no matter what the intent was when it was taken, or the intent when it was posted.

It's ain't rocket science, it's politics. That's all I meant.

For the record, I post my own pictures every day on various prop boards. I have for years. I place no expectations on them, and have seen them reposted a time or two, used in a very different way than I intended.

Even if I posted an image of a secret prop, and someone else divulged it, while it would piss me off (and I think it's safe to say Thomas is upset) what's done is done.

This image is protected by an NDA though, so someone could actually get in trouble, but I don't think it's Juno.

I felt posting it was not fair to Phil.[/b]

Yes, I agree and said so in the originally posted image thread.

I gotcha.

I just hope Juno respects Tom and his wishes enough to take the photo offline. A symbolic gesture, yes, but considering the politics involved, an important one.

<div class='quotetop'>(aliensarchive @ Sep 8 2006, 11:37 AM) [snapback]1315727[/snapback]</div>
Interesting.

Looks like he's wearing the trenchcoat in that screen capture.
[/b]

Or something with a buttoned collar. I was thinking police uniform.

Under copyright law I can control it even after the cat is out of the bag.

A copyright owner has five exclusive rights in the copyrighted work:

Reproduction Right. The reproduction right is the right to copy, duplicate, transcribe, or imitate the work in fixed form.

Modification Right. The modification right (also known as the derivative works right) is the right to modify the work to create a new work. A new work that is based on a preexisting work is known as a "derivative work."

Distribution Right. The distribution right is the right to distribute copies of the work to the public by sale, rental, lease, or lending.

Public Performance Right. The public performance right is the right to recite, play, dance, act, or show the work at public place or to transmit it to the public. In the case of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, showing the work's images in sequence is considered "performance."

Public Display Right. The public display right is the right to show a copy of the work directly or by means of a film, slide, or television image at a public place or to transmit it to the public. In the case of a motion picture or other audiovisual work, showing the work's images out of sequence is considered "display."

As Copyright holder I could sue over it but we all know that is silly. I would be hard pressed to show harm and like I care that much.

I prefer NOT to have my work used in anyones game or agendas. On either side.

If Juno has another photo of the ID then I would prefer that to be posted, but I'm not going to loose sleep.

Thomas

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back