Blade Runner 2049

Re: Blade Runner Sequel

The thing with going back to Deckard seems so very wrong.
The film was many things including film noir, I deeply think that we are not supposed to know his or Rachael's fate beyond that film.
Even a short cameo is to me moving into deal breaker territory. I'm I alone on this?
And is this to be another replicant story? If so.. why?
Well put.
The very notion of a sequel seems contrary to noir.

Needs a scene in a stadium with a bunch of Bladerunners surrounded by a bunch of Replicants...

And all the Bladerunners have PKD Blasters... and they're all shooting at once... and also doing spins and jumps while they shoot.

It's like poetry... it rhymes.

Maybe some Gun-kata as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

Who knows? I would simply have Deckard coming back down-town with Rachael's head on a plate. Yes, he killed her (like Hampton wanted to in the first draft) and now, re-instated ('cause we have other problems with the next Nex-Gen from Tyrell Corp) he'll team up with another group of Blade Runners to take care of that stuff.That doesn't mean that the philosophy of the story has to go the way some people wants it to go: i.e. shoot 'em up in slow motion (cannot stand that stuff anymore!)If Ford re-signed and declared that it's the best screenplay he has read...and knowing how he felt, in the past, about the movie...sign me up!

Don't put to much stock into the screenplay thing, Ford sold out LONG ago....... :unsure

Ford re-signed and declared that it's the best screenplay he has read...and knowing how he felt, in the past, about the movie...sign me up!

Ford can talk about flying and I will listen. Beyond that I don't value his opinion. He has made so many stinkers and unremarkable films since his glory days that his words mean nothing.
Aircraft and flying are expensive and he has made no secret he likes the big checks as we all would.

Well folks, after watching/hearing, for years, Ford talk about how he would've preferred opening his veins with a dull spoon rather than shooting anything with Blade Runner in the title, I'll say that he knows that the sequel will be the end for both him and Rachael (he only signed on the dotted line for TFA if Solo was killed; got his wish there).

Well folks, after watching/hearing, for years, Ford talk about how he would've preferred opening his veins with a dull spoon rather than shooting anything with Blade Runner in the title, I'll say that he knows that the sequel will be the end for both him and Rachael (he only signed on the dotted line for TFA if Solo was killed; got his wish there).
Yeah... but the $25mil wasn't as important[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

If they're trying to capture the incomparable atmosphere of the original film one thing they need to do right is the sound.
Ambient sounds and diagetic music blended seamlessly and were often indistinguishable from the score. Think of the police sirens that wail hauntingly through Blade Runner Blues, or the eerie background music when you first enter The Snake Pit, or the constructed cacophony of ambient street sounds when Dekard is hunting down Zora. The scenes where Deckard is exploring JF Sebastian's place (the Bradley) is peppered with delicate leitmotif.
I once recorded the entire film on audio cassette and used to just listen to the film as a tapestry of sound over and over again.

It doesn't matter how good they make the visuals if they don't do the sound right. If they can't craft the sound and score with as much care there's really no point.

Last edited:

January 12, 2018 is the release date. I am pretty much expecting them to move it to another date eventually.

Who knows all my favorite players are in place loved "Scario" and Deakins is one of the last greats still working.

Hopefully Fancher will bring it to the Page

Dave Batista posted a picture of himself with an origarmi unicorn last night, so maybe he is going to be in it too?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back