Blade Runner 2049 props and replicas

Just wondering,

Is that a strap?

memory prop BR2049.jpg

IMG_0350-300x300.jpg

I may have ID'd Harrison Ford's pants in Blade runner 2049. I think they're from a brand named Kühl. They look like the Revolvr model (older non-stretch model). Can anyone confirm or deny? Thanks!

They can be found here (site was slow for a while but seems to work fine now): http://en.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/
There's a lot of variation here but the models are fairly similar. The pants in the movie look seem to have the same details as the Revolvr model (http://en.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/revolvr/), except there's no wallet pocket on the left side. There is a phone pocket on the right thigh, other details also seem to match.

Update:
A few foto's from a pair I ordered recently from Germany, which had a few differences to the ones on the site. I think these are a uexact match to the ones used in the film (except for the color perhaps, I think in the movie the color may be ‘Driftwood’, but it’s very difficult to see): brand name tags on the back have been removed or covered with a piece of cloth, there's no pocket on the left leg on this model (which is screen accurate I think). Presumably this (non-stretch) model is a bit older than the current (stretch) model:
uSjXOb3wTEucbzDDNNH7ew.jpguR+VjAO3TBuXGdkb%Wykcw.jpgJji+f010RuWd4E9vAYmsPw.jpg8NfeL1AyTKKeLZ++svOFsg.jpgW80ptEbEQ1inwXdf2PiDvA.jpgjVf85MllTgusW0IyRujAVw.jpg
Zl%l9P+fTHCEA%iB9dIPEg.jpg

Last edited:
I finished my blaster paint job today and appreciate the advice and tutorials from folks here (particularly wayouteast) as this was my first attempt at prop painting.

Blade Runner 040.JPG

I went fairly subtle on the weathering as the blaster in the movie seems well maintained. (I also wanted to avoid the trap of over weathering my first time out of the gate.)

A good trick I found for the handle is using checkered shelf liner (the rubberized non-slip kind) as a stencil. It's far from perfect -- Trying to keep the pattern even while stretching around the corners is tricky but, in general it saves a ton of time and comes out perfectly spaced on the flats.

I'm working on the holster now, following Replicant2's advice using Kydex. In a test of my sewing skills, I'm going to try modifying a backpack strap and a pair of suspenders for the harness. You can buy backpack straps as a stand along item on Amazon and I'm hunting around for a pair of suspenders that are a good match it terms of width and clips. I'll post my results when done. These straps aren't perfect but I think they'll be close enough with some modification:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KX5E6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I may have ID'd Harrison Ford's pants in Blade runner 2049. I think they're from a brand named Kühl. They look like the Revolvr model (older non-stretch model). Can anyone confirm or deny? Thanks!

They can be found here (site was slow for a while but seems to work fine now): http://en.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/
There's a lot of variation here but the models are fairly similar. The pants in the movie look seem to have the same details as the Revolvr model (http://en.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/pants/revolvr/), except there's no wallet pocket on the left side. There is a phone pocket on the right thigh, other details also seem to match.

Update:
A few foto's from a pair I ordered recently from Germany, which had a few differences to the ones on the site. I think these are a uexact match to the ones used in the film (except for the color perhaps, I think in the movie the color may be ‘Driftwood’, but it’s very difficult to see): brand name tags on the back have been removed or covered with a piece of cloth, there's no pocket on the left leg on this model (which is screen accurate I think). Presumably this (non-stretch) model is a bit older than the current (stretch) model:
View attachment 823421View attachment 823424View attachment 823427View attachment 823423View attachment 823426View attachment 823422
View attachment 823425
Yep, looks like you found the pants. Would you say Khaki or Driftwood is the accurate color?

Well, it's very difficult to be certain about the colour, in every scene it seems different because of the grading. In 'To be human - Casting Blade runner 2049' on the bonus disc, from 15:55-16:05, the pants are visible in more or less natural (studio) light and based on this my guess was Driftwood. But it could be Khaki. Maybe they changed the colour. My guess for the model is Revolvr because the pants seems somewhat wide, but there's a tapered version of this model too, Revolvr Rogue. Impossible to be certain, but my best guess is Revolvr in Driftwood. I hope this helps...

These may well have been posted earlier, but if not, or for ease of use, here are some off-screen images of Deckard's wardrobe for additional reference. (Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props - ArcLight Hollywood Cinema - September 30, 2017 and Downtown L.A.'s FIDM Museum - February 6, 2018, respectively.

Blade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017' 1.jpgBlade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017' 2.jpgBlade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017' Boots.jpgBlade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017'.jpgFIDM 1.jpgHarrison Ford blade runner 2049 Deckard costume FIDM 2.jpgHarrison Ford blade runner 2049 rick Deckard costume FIDM 1.jpg

Blade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017' 1.jpg

Blade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017' 2.jpg

Blade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017' Boots.jpg

Blade Runner 2049 deckard costume - ArcLight Hollywood 09302017'.jpg

FIDM 1.jpg

Harrison Ford blade runner 2049 Deckard costume FIDM 2.jpg

Harrison Ford blade runner 2049 rick Deckard costume FIDM 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my blaster paint job today and appreciate the advice and tutorials from folks here (particularly wayouteast) as this was my first attempt at prop painting.

View attachment 841509

I went fairly subtle on the weathering as the blaster in the movie seems well maintained. (I also wanted to avoid the trap of over weathering my first time out of the gate.)

A good trick I found for the handle is using checkered shelf liner (the rubberized non-slip kind) as a stencil. It's far from perfect -- Trying to keep the pattern even while stretching around the corners is tricky but, in general it saves a ton of time and comes out perfectly spaced on the flats.

I'm working on the holster now, following Replicant2's advice using Kydex. In a test of my sewing skills, I'm going to try modifying a backpack strap and a pair of suspenders for the harness. You can buy backpack straps as a stand along item on Amazon and I'm hunting around for a pair of suspenders that are a good match it terms of width and clips. I'll post my results when done. These straps aren't perfect but I think they'll be close enough with some modification:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KX5E6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Nice work on the blaster. For the holster, I've finished the holster part of mine (based off mouldings from my real Safariland 1090, and some heat-formed ftat ABS stock. It'd not really that hard to replicate if you are used to working with ABS, and it's the closest ) can get it to what was used in the film until more detailed reference comes along:
attachment.php

attachment.php

(I eally need to get a shift on with my blaster - I was hoping elilay's new ones wold be with us by now)
For more details, and info of where you can get the castings of the 1090 muzzle cups, have a look in my holster thread:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284606&page=2

View attachment 841509

Nice work on the blaster. For the holster, I've finished the holster part of mine (based off mouldings from my real Safariland 1090, and some heat-formed ftat ABS stock. It's not really that hard to replicate if you are used to working with ABS, and it's the closest I can get it to what was used in the film until more detailed reference comes along:
holsterleft2.jpgholsterright2.jpgblaster&holster4.jpg
(I really need to get a shift on with my blaster - I was hoping elilay's new ones would be with us by now)

For more details, and info of where you can get the castings of the 1090 muzzle cups, have a look in my holster thread. If you are looking to sew the soft parts, I've got the patterns and lengths for the strapwork there too, and the source for the correct suspender clips (same ones as Safariland use). Rather than modifying a set of readymade suspenders, it would be just as easy to start with 1" elastic webbing as there really isn't much to that bit (the tricky bit is the diamond ripstop/neoprene sandwich used for the main shoulder straps):
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284606&page=2

Last edited:
My goal was to be finished with the full kit by Halloween so I finished up my holster this week. 'Not nearly as nice as buzby's and no one's ever going to confuse me with a machinist but I'm happy with it.

br004.JPGbr005.JPGbr006.JPG

I went with the zlurpo's Big Effect Props jacket and couldn't be happier. It is really a work of art, extremely well made, screen accurate and comfortable. As soon as I got a good look at the jacket on Blu-ray I was positive it was waxed cotton so I was glad to see other folks reach the same conclusion in the Officer K thread. Thanks to The Character for his tutorial on waxing. Once waxed it looks identical to the film version:

Halloween 052.JPGHalloween 053.JPG

And some shots from the front, angry K and happy K:

Halloween 035.JPGHalloween 019.JPG

Thanks again for everyone's tips and detective work. The various relevant threads were a constant and much appreciated source of reference.

I've been searching through various 2049 threads but I haven't found anything on K's knife. It has nearly zero screen time, but it's what he uses to cut his way into the crime scene barrier on Sapper's farm. I assumed the first time I saw the film that it was still the Amsler Hurricane from earlier on, but this is definitely a large folding knife of some sort. I don't think it's either of Luv's knives, since her curved auto folder has a solid back on the handle, and the other automatic she uses is double edged, so he wouldn't likely be using his thumb for leverage.

vlcsnap-2018-12-10-20h37m14s836.png

Any thoughts and or did I miss a post where someone covered it?

Thanks!

Good question, Wraithassassin. I don't believe you have missed anything. Early conversation on the topic didn't end with anything solid. Time to start taking another look. :)

Just managed to score a Kryriazi tin so I'm looking to obtain a 'Freysa holding Rachael's baby' photo and perhaps the sock too. Are there any good sources for either the photo's jpg file or a hard copy?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back