Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

Why didn't Namor go after the actual scientist who built the vibranium detector? It was revealed that she only proved the concept, and that her professor sold it to the government and built it.

That's not the impression I got at all. Riri specifically said it took her two months to build it and she had trouble sourcing mylar sheets large enought. And when they were first examining it they commented on the scavenged parts.

Why did Shuri need a big diving suit to go down to the underwater city, but didn't need one when they escaped back to the surface? She was just hanging on to that little Wakandan sub.

Why did Shuri need a big diving suit to go down to the underwater city, but didn't need one when they escaped back to the surface? She was just hanging on to that little Wakandan sub.
The main city and where Shuri was temporarily being held along with Riri were at two very different depths. Talokan was a lot deeper, which nessesitated the pressure suit, Namor even said the pressure would crush Shuri and that he had a suit.
Shuri and Riri were in the air chamber at the shallower depth when rescued by Nakia.

I very much enjoyed it. I teared up at the opening and ending. I thought it was a very good movie, though I don’t like that Marvel has fallen into the customary rule that a black led cast movie will have to make racially withe jokes.

My wife and I watched this last night and it was a big bag of ‘meh’. Overlong, bad CGI, plot holes, and so forth. The formula is getting stale.

I finally watched it. I think the first was better, but one was predictable and this one was just forgettable. The villain was goofy and not very interesting IMO. I think, like the first, I really like the concept of Wakanda, their tech, characters, etc., but the movies aren't up there for me. I thought that the Midnight Angel armor was awesome though!

The other problem I have with super hero movies is that in this one Wakanda is in trouble with a possibly superior enemy and they don't ask for help. I'm sure at least one of the Avengers is around. I mean Thor isn't doing anything and he's most likely on Earth then. Marvel always conveniently says "Oh all the other heroes are busy with something...". I think Thor would make short work of that dude with leg wings. It's like in the first Avengers movie, the glaring error (obviously due to licensing) was that New York was under attack and Spiderman wasn't there.

I finally watched it. I think the first was better, but one was predictable and this one was just forgettable. The villain was goofy and not very interesting IMO. I think, like the first, I really like the concept of Wakanda, their tech, characters, etc., but the movies aren't up there for me. I thought that the Midnight Angel armor was awesome though!

The other problem I have with super hero movies is that in this one Wakanda is in trouble with a possibly superior enemy and they don't ask for help. I'm sure at least one of the Avengers is around. I mean Thor isn't doing anything and he's most likely on Earth then. Marvel always conveniently says "Oh all the other heroes are busy with something...". I think Thor would make short work of that dude with leg wings. It's like in the first Avengers movie, the glaring error (obviously due to licensing) was that New York was under attack and Spiderman wasn't there.
I think Wakanda not asking for help is actually consistent with their culture & history. T'Chala was really the first ruler to even express any idea of opening up to the outside world, & that's after centuries of existence. When they did open up, it was with the idea of THEM helping OTHERS, so I think they still have the 'one-way street' mentality when it comes to the outside world.

As far as Spider-Man not being in The Avengers, that movie was supposed too be taking place in 2012. Captain America: Civil War took place in 2016. Spidey had only gotten his powers in the last year to year & a half, so that explains his absence.

I think Wakanda not asking for help is actually consistent with their culture & history. T'Chala was really the first ruler to even express any idea of opening up to the outside world, & that's after centuries of existence. When they did open up, it was with the idea of THEM helping OTHERS, so I think they still have the 'one-way street' mentality when it comes to the outside world.

As far as Spider-Man not being in The Avengers, that movie was supposed too be taking place in 2012. Captain America: Civil War took place in 2016. Spidey had only gotten his powers in the last year to year & a half, so that explains his absence.

That's kind of what I was thinking, that they just didn't want to ask for help. However I would think that after they had helped when Thanos attacked, they might have changed their views a little, at least as far as the Avengers.

I wasn't even thinking about the Spidey timeline, but that makes sense!

I think the not asking for help does not make sense.
1) They get included in numerous Thanos battles
2) They provide weapons and armor for several Avengers
3) They harbor and rehabilitate the Winter Soldier
4) They made the entire theme of the original about how they need to no longer be secluded.
5) They go to their neighboring tribes when the original Black Panther is supposed dead and they...

ASK FOR HELP

5) They go to their neighboring tribes when the original Black Panther is supposed dead and they...

ASK FOR HELP
#5 is irrelevant because the keyword here is neighboring tribes, tribes, not nations. You have to remember that all of the various tribes that we see in Black Panther and all are Wakandan tribes. All of these tribes live inside the borders of Wakanda and consider themselves to be Wakandan. As was shown in the first movie, any one of the tribes can send a candidate to compete to become the Black Panther and King of Wakanda.

#5 is irrelevant because the keyword here is neighboring tribes, tribes, not nations. You have to remember that all of the various tribes that we see in Black Panther and all are Wakandan tribes. All of these tribes live inside the borders of Wakanda and consider themselves to be Wakandan. As was shown in the first movie, any one of the tribes can send a candidate to compete to become the Black Panther and King of Wakanda.
Excellent point, none of them are outsiders.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back