Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

I liked Black Panther('s introduction) back in Captain America:Civl War, but if
there's a gender-bend imminent,
, eventhough story-wise it would make sense, then I will pass.

Last edited:
After Love and Thunder I'm ready for an MCU movie that takes things a little more seriously.

I recognize how silly that sounds in regards to a damn superhero movie, but L&T really amped the goofy and left my need for an actual story arc feeling empty.

I'm pretty excited to see how they adjust and I hope it turns out well.

Interesting take on Namor. I’m looking forward to see where it goes and how they fit in. After all Namor is a mutant. Maybe they’ll involve the inhumans somehow but they have to bring in the mutants at some point. Originally they were going to call them “miracles” starting with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver due to Sony but I think that went by the wayside

Interesting take on Namor. I’m looking forward to see where it goes and how they fit in. After all Namor is a mutant. Maybe they’ll involve the inhumans somehow but they have to bring in the mutants at some point. Originally they were going to call them “miracles” starting with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver due to Sony but I think that went by the wayside

They' ve already introduced mutants. They just never used the word before because Fox (not Sony) owned the rights. Now they've actually used the word in Ms. Marvel.

Ms Marvel touches on some mutant explanation, the Inhumans seem to be placed on the distant back burner.

This movie looks to be the best in Phase 4, having a more serious tone and actual conflicts that have consequences!

I don't often tear up at a trailer. But oh boy that one hit me right in the feels in SO many different ways. If the film lives up to the promise shown here, it'll be incredible! :love:
That was me as well.

I’m like “It’s just a trailer, it shouldn’t be making me this emotional,” but for some reason Chadwick Boseman’s death hit me harder than any other celebrity…so to see the way they’re handling that in universe really hit me in the feels.

+1^ I'm still processing, but I have that with pretty much everybody who 'leaves'

*Sidenote and/or fun fact: if anybody ever wants to learn 'geographically correct' Wakandan, which after consulting the internet I think would approximate the eastcoast of Africa somewhere around DRC, check out Swahili at Duolingo. It's free, challenging, loads of fun and might just add to the suspense of this upcoming movie.

Last edited:
A new full trailer just dropped. It looks hugely impressive and still has a real emotional charge. Angela Bassett just owns every scene she's in. Much more detail of the various characters, including Namor and Ironheart, and it also makes it pretty clear who the new Black Panther is... and they look fantastic.

I liked Black Panther('s introduction) back in Captain America:Civl War, but if
there's a gender-bend imminent,
, eventhough story-wise it would make sense, then I will pass.
Well there are 2 gender-bends so now what?

We apparently have Riri Williams in an ironman suit as the new iron heart and Shuri as new Black Panther. Already some controversy given the actress' stance on vaccines.

I dont mind a woman playing Black Panther but honestly felt the mantle should be passed down to Dora Milaje (the head female guard). Black Panther is supposed to represent the ultimate warrior of Wakanda who is shown to be capable of protecting the country from its enemies. Its why T'challa had to accept challenges from the other tribes and fight without his powers and only a spear and shield.

Shuri is basically the Q to T'Challa's Bond. Why give the mantle of 007 to Q when there is another talented MI6 agent waiting in the sidelines?

I will say I love the queen though. A what could have been would be the queen being the adviser as T'Challa continued to grow as a king.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back