Bioshock and Silent Hill

strifestreak

Hello there! Pretty new to the site. The last time I posted I had been working on a few things and I feel like it is time to share the pictures of the finished products! I just started costuming about a year ago, and have only made a few costumes. Any advice and certainly tough, critical criticism are welcome!

Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
Last minute costume, made probably in a week. The mask is the first latex mask I have ever made that used a mold. Buckles are attached to the tops and side along with some fun clown hair. This was the only part of this costume that I made.

twisted_metal_by_elestial-d38pb6v.jpg

Silent Hill
First costumes ever made. Made in about a month, with the help of friends. We made three nurse costumes, and the Pyramid Head as well. These were the first latex masks I ever made, and were done in a not so professional way, in which we just layered latex over the clay sculptures. All the distressing and texture on the dresses, hats, and pyramid shift is done by me. I did not make the butcher knife, and only painted and distressed the Pyramid helmet.

sh2_by_elestial-d390ob3.jpg

ccc4ad5421ba40c8c8c9088fe9d5cc40-d390ofz.jpg

Bioshock Big Daddy
Certainly a HUGE inspiration from Volpin. Who's an amazing guy, also incredibly sweet.
This is the second costume we ever made. Took about a half a year to make with the help of my boyfriend. All the painting, distressing, and texture is done by myself. A lot of the sculpting, resin and the basic building process is a combination of both of our work. Everything lights up, and of course the drill spins. I wish that the hand looked better, but we had taken these at the end of the day and the darn thing would just NOT stay in place. In the group picture I did not help make anything on the little sister dressed in blue.

normal_Youmacon_2011_-_Saturday_-_371_.jpg

normal_Youmacon_2011_-_Saturday_-_370_.jpg

Bioshock Splicer
Dress was bought and then distressed. I made the guts and glory out of (don't hurt me) expanding foam, as a totally last minute addition to the Bioshock group for my friend.

Youmacon_2011_-_Saturday_-_374_.jpg

Eleanor
Only helped made the chest plate. Again. Last minute because my friends always wait until the last minute! Haha. We made it in about three days, and I painted it in the hotel room the night before it was to be worn. It shows.

Youmacon_2011_-_Saturday_-_375_.jpg

normal_Youmacon_2011_-_Saturday_-_377_.jpg

Very good looking pieces! Only thing i would say is that Sweet Tooth's pants could be distressed and he could have some makeup on his chest to make him look dirty. But other than that everything looks awesome.

Awesome costumes and that is the first Sweet Tooth costume I have seen on these forums so good job for originality and the pyramid costume looks great too the only thing that needs improving is to change the knife to a scissor sword,basically a sword shaped like half a scissor that is about three to 6 feet long,whatever you can carry. P.S. wish I had your skills at costume making you make great costumes and do a good job with what you do.

From one Silent Hill costumer to another, I love those nurses!

Just a small suggestion on the masks. If you trim them up to a cut just below the jaw and tack it on with some spirit gum right near the jaw, you'll get rid of the more obvious end of the mask at the neck. Example:
This nurse cut her mask at the base of the jaw line. It makes the masks placement less harsh and obvious.
lnurse6.jpg

This one did not.
bubble03.jpeg

Although its not really THAT big a deal, it does add a bit to realism of the costume.

Other than that, I think layering the latex almost works for Silent Hill nurses. They look pretty spot on! <3

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back