Bio Sculpt

spankygnarkill

I just got 20lbs oif Klean Klay in the mail today, and I'm starting this thread to too keep myself busy and to remind myself to constantly work on it! Pictures to come as soon as something tangible gets produced

0409101333-00.jpg.gif

Here ya go Anubis, Its even smiling for you

yeah the mouth is lazier on the pictures left and curves up higher on the pictures right. and the nose is a little to the left. but so far good work.

ps your mom said to clean your room.

Well I made an armature of my mask by compelete experimentation. I took my DB P1V2 and cling wrapped the ever loving hell out of it. Then I tore apart old wifebeater shirts and laid them over top, and then I mixed up a bit of plaster and poured it over the clinlgwrapped, wifebeaten mask. Then I moved everything around with my hands, and got plaster everywhere. After it dried, I flipped it over, and pulled my mask out, and filled the armature with Great Stuff foam, and let it sit outside overnight. Then once I woke up this morning, I started packin on the clay

Its got about 10lbs of clay on it right now, and Im just going for the general shape
0410101317-00.jpg

And from the side
0410101318-00.jpg

And from the other side.
0410101318-01.jpg

And just for reference, this is my shitey drawing of what the final product will hopefully look similar too.
image001345.jpg

Hopefully will get a general shape going after work tonight, for now, Ice cream and relaxing before work

i basically did the same thing for my armature, except i covered the plaster in fiberglass to have a smooth surface. it helps when trying to get the clay off later.

looking forward to your progress

Update cause Jason wants pics

Well This is the outcome of about four hours ofwork, all done with my hands,
IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

Gonna wake up at like 9 tomorrow and sculpt all the way to 2, then go to work, then come home and sculpt some more!

MY LIFE IS EXCITING!

and, criticism and questions and help is always appreciated. I know my symmetry is wonky, Im gonna work on that once the whole thing looks more like a bio though.

your pic looks like a forensics pic.

get yourself a rubber kidney at least., it makes smoothing so much easier.

your pic looks like a forensics pic.

get yourself a rubber kidney at least., it makes smoothing so much easier.
Ya, your exhibit 13 made me look for cuts.

One thing I had done on my armature is mark were I wanted center on the top and bottom. Then I ran a string as straight as I could down the center and pushed it in at points to mark it. Then remove the string.
stringline1.jpg

The tools I started with were sharpened popsicle sticks. Some flattened, some angled and some thinned.

Great start

Well Update. Disaster struck today. The fold out table that I was working on decided to collapse while I was at school. This broke my armature, and basically ruined the sculpt when it hit the floor. OR something happened. All I know is the table is broke, my aramture is cracked, and my sculpt was basically ruined. So I made a new armature today, and I'm going to start fresh with what i can salvage. o_O Oh well. **** happens

Bummer, at least it didn't happen in a week when you had tons more time in it. I constantly worry my kids my kids are going to hit mine with something.

I had to move my setup to the dinning room because my old coffee table kept shedding particle board all over things.

here, maybe this will cheer you up.
http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photos/taturday-7

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back