Bio/armor and Dreads help?

Origami Unicorn

Sr Member
hey,

So I don't have a lot of money, so can anyone tell me how to make the Bio/armor and the dreads? I know that I can do it with foam and cardboard or plaster strips, the problem with foam and cardboard is I don't like the look of them and plaster strips are a lot of money...

thanks

The cheapest option for dreads is foam backer rod that you can get at almost any Home Depot store. Then just taper the ends to a bit of a point and you're set. They tend to curl up naturally, but once you get dread rings on them, they hang normally and look great! The come in a few sizes and black/grey color.

These are an example of backer rod:

0018.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah man I'm sorry to say unless your willing to shell out a load of money your gona have to have the foamy armour and a half decent bio but the costumes done like that can look damn awesome if you ask me

And yeah backer rod is good it's what I was gona use for my dreads untill I decided to go all out and shell out a load of money for proper dreads

Nothing wrong with foamie armour, My AVP leg pieces look great and cost next to nothing to make. Shoulder bells were a bit of a learning curve so may make them again but by time I got on to the leg and butt flap I think they look the real deal.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back