Big trouble in Little china - Jack's watch

Definitely not a Seiko. Could be just an obscure '70ies brand dive watch.

There's two Seiko 6105, 6105-8110, 6105-8000

Both had crown at 4:00. Seiko 6217 had crown at 3:00, none of the Seiko divers had numbered indices.

Too bad not a sharper pic to get some more details out of it.

Tim

Thanks to everyone who investigated this. My God, I really hope it's NOT the 70's Breitling Superocean! the price is outrageous! I thought the custom boots were expensive.

Not a Breitling Superocean. If so, post the pic of the correct watch. Too many details don't match up.

Akira's comment about an obscure 70's dive watch could be correct.

FB

Not a Breitling Superocean. If so, post the pic of the correct watch. Too many details don't match up.

Akira's comment about an obscure 70's dive watch could be correct.

FB

That is a Breitling. That winged logo is unmistakeable.

I'm pretty sure that it's an earlier version of this watch:

Superocean-straps.jpg

Logo on older models was basically just an anchor in a circle, which is about size/shape of the one in the pic that he's wearing.

I've just not found a pic of one vintage, that has the numeric indices. But overall feel, it seems close to a Breitling.

What bugs me about the original pic, is that it does not look like the watch has open ended lugs, looks like a hooded lug case. (but could just be hard to see in that pic)

Tim

I was just watching the Bluray and it doesn't actually seem to be much crisper than the DVD to me. I'll look around as I'm interested in this too.

EDIT: pulled from the scenes I remembered where the watch was front and center. Tried my best guys. Point out any scenes you would like me to go back and check out.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back