Big Lebowski props

I did a trident for someone for their Maude cosplay:
lebowski0.jpg
lebowski3.jpglebowski4.jpglebowski1.jpglebowski2.jpg
It needed to be portable to be taken to Lebowskifest so I made the pole in two sections and the trident a separate piece and there were threaded inserts and nut inserts in each piece to screw together like a pool cue. I used the top view of the CAD model to cut the profile on the band saw, but everything else was done with a 1/2" belt sander and by hand with rasps and files.
The finished staff was larger in diameter than the movie, I used a 1 1/2" dowel because initially it seemed like 1" was going to be too small, but if I had it to do again 1" would have been better. The overall look of the curved pieces and points came out really good, I was happy that their shape followed the screen prop well, just the overall scale was a little too large.
Here is the entire cosplay, I just did the trident though. As you can see, it looks too thick in her hands:
9348844100_62a1aab591_k.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back