Big Easy Models

bwize

Sr Member
Does anyone know what happened to Big Easy Models? I purchased a 1:350 Refit light kit back in June and have not received it yet. I have sent 3 emails with no reply. Last I saw on their website was that they had a change of management/ownership and they were working on filling orders, but now their website is gone. www.bigeasymodelingsolutions.com

Did I miss something?

Facebook page is still there- some bad news but looks like they will still get to your order

ATTENTION:

After much thinking and careful consideration, I'm placing a TEMPORARY closure on Big Easy Modeling Solutions for the remainder of this year due to health issues and in the interest of getting caught up on all back orders as well as reorganizing and restructuring our business model so that we are more efficient going forward. Basically, we will not be taking any more new orders between Thanksgiving and the first of next year.

WE WILL STILL BE PROCESSING ALL CURRENT OPEN ORDERS AND SHIPPING OUT AS SOON AS THEY'RE COMPLETE!!!! So please don't fear that you've paid for something you won't get. I expect all orders to be in your hands no later than Christmas if not well before. I apologize for the inconveniences and waits. Life kinda threw us a curve ball with these health scares.

Also, we will still honor all warranties and assist with product repairs and replacements as necessary during this reorganization.
Simply put, the primary reason for this temporary hiatus is that we don't want to be "that company" that's always behind anymore. We've been that recently and it's no fun for anyone, especially us. It's not fair to anyone either. We want you to be happy with your products AND the service. We want our service to match the quality of our products and design and to get to that point, we need to take a break and re-evaluate our business.

Plus we need to get ourselves healthy so we CAN be here for you all. We love working with you guys and can't wait to do it in a better and more efficient way soon!

We're NOT closing permanently! We will relaunch in the first quarter of 2019 with a reorganized website, some new and upgraded products, better service, and a better production and business model. There are several new products in development as we speak, and they are going to blow away what's come before! Plus we are looking at adding some more in house help.

On this note, if you are interested in helping out by working with the Big Easy team, contact me (Paul) via PM. I'm looking for ways to integrate a few key people to help grow the business for the future. Feel free to PM me for details and to see what might be possible.

Thanks for your patience and support as we work toward a Bigger, Easier future for Big Easy!

Last edited:
Ya I saw that but that was a year ago to the day lol (11/19/2018). I have gone ahead and opened a dispute with Paypal, will see how that transpires.

After a year, PayPal won't do much. If you can't contact the seller, PayPal probably won't succeed either. But let us know what they say.

TazMan2000

Will do. The year comment was in reference to the facebook posting, I made my purchase in June of this year, so hopefully Paypal will get some kind of answer??

Sorry, I thought you meant June of last year. You have 180 days to open a dispute.
Lately, I've just heard a lot of members complaining they never received items way past the 180 day mark on other purchases. You should have no trouble with PayPal. A warning though, if you close the dispute and continue with the transaction, you can't open it up again.

TazMan2000

If they don't, they will automatically rule in your favour. I think they are given 15 or 45 days to reply. I don't remember which.

TazMan2000

Well, update. Paypal was unable to reach them so they refunded my money. Too bad as it was a reasonably priced DIY light kit.

Given that the current apocalypse is still in full swing, it seemed a good time to start on a modelling project... after seeing the BEMS system being used by Neil Smith on YouTube, I went to order a set. Bah! No website and it looks like BEMS' Fb page is no longer available either. Too bad, this looked like a really cool kit.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back