Best way to attach foam sheets

metalalchemist

Ok, I hope I can make myself clear... I am currently working on my torso armor with foamies (P1 style), but I am doing it the following way: I am building a front part that goes from the chest toward my ribs and underneath the left arm (like making a curve); second, the back part that covers my back and also goes toward my ribs and underneath the left arm (also making a curve) to get connected to the front part, which means I will have a seam under the arm where I attach the front and back sheets (wich I think won´t be too noticeable)
Now, my question would be: Which is the best way to attach those two sheets underneat the arm in a way that they won´t tear up easily and the seam won´t show too much?

Thanks in advance for the input.

Cut a thin piece of foam and glue it on the inside of the seam....coating the outside with glue should fill the gap in
Hope that helps,worked for me (y)

well ,like Sandhunter said, i would use hot glue , edge to edge and reinforce it with a strip on the inside , or overlap them about an inch..

I had thought about this delima with my foamie P1 style armor as well. What I am going to do is not worry about the seam. The two sections will actually attach via velcro. Should make it easier to get on and off as welll as adjusting the fit of the whole unit.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back