Best trick you know to use with a dremel

Skyler101

Sr Member
Hey guys...

I have had a dremel forever, but I never seem to be able to use it to its best abilities.
I have seen members here use their dremels to sand back bondo, cut circles, weld dylithium, and have been really impressed with the results.
Right now I do all my sanding by hand, but would love to save allot of time by using my dremel more.

So, post your best tips and hints. A little detail about how you use it would be nice. Lets see if we can get a good collection of hints and tips going.. :)

-Skyler101

I use a Fiberglass Cutting Wheel for Cutting Metal, Plastic, Wood,etc.

If you have specific questions on how to do something I'll answer them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(propsculptor @ Apr 21 2006, 07:28 AM) [snapback]1230321[/snapback]</div>
I use a Fiberglass Cutting Wheel for Cutting Metal, Plastic, Wood,etc.

If you have specific questions on how to do something I'll answer them.
[/b]

Yes, this came up in another thread. But these are the better wheels to use. Not those cheepo sanding wheels that come with the basic kit. Use the fiberglass reinforced wheels.

By all means, get the Flexi-shaft and the keyless chuck. The flexishaft allows for better control and you won't have to hold the hot & heavy Dremel unit. The keyless chuck saves you from having to use that dumb little wrench. Fast and easy tip changes.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back