best files for welding a ironman helmet

red eyes

Hey guys,

Im from holland and new to this forum
ive been reading for a few weeks now, but i'm finding it difficult to find templates for a mark 3/4 ironman helmet,
So my question is can someone direct me in the right direction
i want it to be as realistic as possible, but i still need to be able to cut the sheet metal...
ive but in an attachment for what im aiming for :)
thanks already for the guys who will help me ;)

Attachments

• iron-man-helmet-side-view-photo-5.jpg
    iron-man-helmet-side-view-photo-5.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,286
Search out sandbaggers thread his buiild is nearing completion and is amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I may be wrong but your picture looks more like the mark 5 helmet.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I may be wrong but your picture looks more like the mark 5 helmet.

Thqnks guys ;) I already thought it was a mark 5 , but i couldnt find a file with the templates for it.. so i wanted to build a mark 3/4 and adjust it along the way ;)

Hey guys i'm back from hollday and i want to get started this week, i have sharman and dubean"s pdo file as the beginning for my helmet, as i cant find a file for a mk5 helmet ;) i think its best to make one out of cardboard befor i start making one out of sheet metal, but what about size? Do i need to alter it or is the file already simular to a real life helmet :) thanks already !

You need to search for JFCustom's modified ROBO3687 files on the MK IV. It's ROBO's pep files modified and cleaned up for foam. Very easy to transfer onto steel sheet. If you keep your steel sheet under 1mm in thickness, you can cut the shapes out easily with aviation snips. Once cut out, beat them flat again on an anvil or flat block of wood then you can use all kinds of methods to fold ready for welding.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back