Best Cap shield replicas?

Ok, Relicmaker is checking on final pricing and tooling.

He may only offer a few finished shields and the rest in kits.

So those wanting to save money and/or customize will be able to get a kit.

Keep fingers crossed that his vendor will be able to move forward!
Fingers crossed! The more we discuss other shields, the more it seems like Relicmaker is our only chance to have an Ultimate Hero Shield.
Thanks for doing the legwork on this, the Pawn .

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Masterworks shield have a metal front and fiberglass back much like the shields that were predominantly used in the more recent films? Sorry, I couldn't recall if that had been brought up earlier in the thread. I believe that eFX was looking at producing some shields using that method at some point. Although who knows when that would come to fruition.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Masterworks shield have a metal front and fiberglass back much like the shields that were predominantly used in the more recent films? Sorry, I couldn't recall if that had been brought up earlier in the thread. I believe that eFX was looking at producing some shields using that method at some point. Although who knows when that would come to fruition.
That would make sense. According to the information about the Masterworks shield, the inside of it is filled with foam "to hold everything in place" which I assume is the center star section that gets attached through the back (like the metal China replicas) and then the fiberglass back goes on to cover everything up.
I'm wondering how the thick edges are done - is that part of the spun metal or is that part of the fiberglass backing?

I mean, all the parts needed to assemble one shield is about 50.
The shields themselves are still available to but through the Disney online shop.
I honestly think the claw Mark's hurt sales on this. I would of gotten a line of credit to buy one otherwise.

Actually the sales run for the Marvel Masterworks pieces ended back in November 2018. They're still listed on the ShopDisney site but you can't add them to cart or checkout.

Hi Guys,

Im a shield maker and i've been trying to make an affordable prop accurate shield for 5 yrs. I can make one now, but the cost is way to high.
I make one now that is 425.00 but as was mentioned earlier, its missing a few details. i was going to post a pic but my computer wont take the pics off my phone. i'll post in just a bit.

Hi Guys,

Im a shield maker and i've been trying to make an affordable prop accurate shield for 5 yrs. I can make one now, but the cost is way to high.
I make one now that is 425.00 but as was mentioned earlier, its missing a few details. i was going to post a pic but my computer wont take the pics off my phone. i'll post in just a bit.

Thanks for joining :)
Cost wise.. we are open to an accurate shield.. costing us more

Hi Guys,

At this point, it's been concluded that no one wants another shield that needs a sheet metal star laminated on.
Not that's what you would offer necessarily, but we are definitely going for something that duplicates the Masterworks shield (sans claw marks) or nothing at all

Hi,

Anyone here have any review or any experience regarding HCMY Captain America Shield 1.0?
So far I saw two reviews from Youtube:

VibraniumShield1.JPGHCMY11.jpgVibraniumShield5.jpgVibraniumShield6.jpgHCMY12.jpgHCMY13.jpgHCMY14.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back