Best Batman graphic novels?

Besides the previously mentioned, Red Rain and Bloodstorm, Batman and vampires (and not the sparkly, ***** vampires either), how can you miss?

Found this site/topic by Google searching on my iPhone. Thought I would chip in my two cents. I actually just started reading Batman a short couple months back myself as well, so I'm still looking for some more broad opinions, but I have 38 books myself so far, with probably another 50 on my want list. But here are my recommendations.

Batman: Year One
Batman: The Man Who Laughs
Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: Dark Victory
Batman: The Killing Joke
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Knighfall (particularly vol. 1: Broken Bat)
Batman: Hush
Joker
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Also not exactly a Batman book, but he is featured in it pretty greatly. JLA: Tower of Babel.

Also I highly recommend Grant Morrison's run starting at Batman and Son up to Batman Inc, with all the side books from other authors that just compliment his story.

Here's my list for ya.....
1. Dark Knight Returns
2. The Long Halloween
3. Batman: Year One
4. Dark Victory
5. The Killing Joke
6. Hush
7. The Cult
Enjoy..... >:)

They just restarted all the main DC titles so now would be a great time to start picking up Batman, Batman and Robin, Detective comics, etc in singles and start from the beginning.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back