Best 2012 Movie Soundtracks

laserpistol76

2012 had a lot of great movies, and some great soundtracks. The Avenger's score was pretty good, track 19 I thought was the best.

"The Avengers" Track 19 The Avengers: Alan Silvestri (HQ) - YouTube

You may call me crazy for liking Battleship (I know it wasn't well liked by the critics, but I liked it), but the soundtrack was good. Steve Jablonsky used all sorts of weird sound effects in the music for alien sounds. I think that the best track is #2, "The Art of War". It really sets the theme of a military-based story.

Steve Jablonsky - Battleship - 02 - The Art Of War - YouTube

Skyfall also had a good soundtrack. I liked the first one, "Grand Bazaar, Istanbul"

Skyfall Soundtrack-Grand Bazaar, Istanbul - YouTube

Share your favorite 2012 soundtracks, comments, and feel free to add YouTube links!

Of the films I saw this year (Skyfall, Avengers, DKR, Prometheus) none really had what I'd call "great" soundtracks but all were certainly suited to their respective films.

The only one I have in my collection is Skyfall so I'd have to go with that. Even then though my favourite track is Breadcrumbs which is pretty much just the Bond theme. :lol

Of the films I saw this year (Skyfall, Avengers, DKR, Prometheus) none really had what I'd call "great" soundtracks but all were certainly suited to their respective films.

The only one I have in my collection is Skyfall so I'd have to go with that. Even then though my favourite track is Breadcrumbs which is pretty much just the Bond theme. :lol

Yeah, the music wasn't spectacular, but they really fit the films well. I go for the action theme cues mostly, and this year there were some good ones.

I'm holding out for the Hobbit to pass judgement, but I'm pretty certain that it will take the cake for me. Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold (and the main theme based on it) is perhaps one of the greatest pieces of cinematic music so far this decade.

I'm holding out for the Hobbit to pass judgement, but I'm pretty certain that it will take the cake for me. Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold (and the main theme based on it) is perhaps one of the greatest pieces of cinematic music so far this decade.

I'm waiting for the Hobbit soundtrack to come out soon. There was a free track on YouTube, but it was deleted because of some stupid copyright law.

**Best Soundtrack of 2012**

**The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey by Howard Shore**

Great listen and far better than Newman's Skyfall. Special mention for Lincoln by John Williams.

Will someone please tell me what happened to Silvestri's music lately?

Although I don't love every track of it, I'd say 'The Avengers' by Alan Silvestri could be my favourite filmscore of this year. (Have to wait for 'The Hobbit' though...)

'The Dark Knight Rises' does have some interesting and enjoyable variations on themes previously established by the other two films, but overall there 's not as much *new* music as I would've liked. Notwithstanding, Zimmers elegant piano-theme for Selina Kyle is one of the best things he (and his cohorts) ever wrote.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back