Behold! My Vader mask!

Helmet set me back a good trade on one of my Air Force issue flight jackets. Brand new, with velcro patches.

Where I got it? ;) Classified. :D

I had to sand it, do all the prep work and paint it myself. I evenhad to pad it out myself also. It was inprety rough shape when I got it and too all summer to paint.

I'll have to post a pick of th interior of the mask, I used 1/2" thick black foam padding. It was easy to cut, and it worked out really nice for the armor. Iused 1/2" on the sides of the mask, but I want to replace the paddingon the top interior to 1-1/2" thick of the same stuff.

Originally posted by Darth Detroit@Feb 9 2006, 10:03 PM
I'll have to post a pick of th interior of the  mask, I used 1/2" thick black foam padding. It was easy to cut, and it worked out really nice for the armor.  Iused 1/2" on the sides of the mask, but I want to replace the paddingon the top interior to 1-1/2" thick of the same stuff.
[snapback]1180378[/snapback]​

I used the 1/2" on mine but covered it in suede for comfort. Best thing I could have done. The suede is so comfortable on your face versus the foam.

Originally posted by DarthKahnt@Feb 9 2006, 09:33 PM
I used the 1/2" on mine but covered it in suede for comfort. Best thing I could have done. The suede is so comfortable on your face versus the foam.
[snapback]1180395[/snapback]​

i would be interesting in that process for my supreme helemt that ive been modifying. planning on foam first. what did you use as a process for that...

sorry if im off topic...nice helmet btw

Originally posted by SithLord7768+Feb 10 2006, 03:14 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SithLord7768 @ Feb 10 2006, 03:14 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-DarthKahnt
@Feb 9 2006, 09:33 PM
[snapback]1180395[/snapback]​

i would be interesting in that process for my supreme helemt that ive been modifying. planning on foam first. what did you use as a process for that...

sorry if im off topic...nice helmet btw
[snapback]1180592[/snapback]​
[/b]

I cut the pieces of foam to fit the helemt then laid it on the suede and cut enough to cover one side completely (the side that will will on your face) and cut enough to wrap to the other side a couple of inches. I used fabric glue (spray can) to bond it and it turned out excellent.

Wow, thanks for the comps....

Nope, its ESB, and it not a 20th Century mask. :)

I wouldnt foam your mask first, you may get overspary on the foam. Do it last.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back