Beginner suit

danwardle64

Hi guys, i'm a real beginner and am looking to make myself a predator costume for a fancy dress party. Any tips as to where to start? What kind of materials should I use and whats the best stuff to glue it all together!!! I'm a real beginner so take it easy on me!! This'll be my first attempt!

Cheers

Right, this question is asked looooads of times lol, I will suggest that you look at the pinned information on this section of the lair.
This would give you a idea of what to use etc and loads of information and guides.

Nick

iphone_photos.jpg

hey guys, well have been working on this last night. and this is what i have so far!!! this is using the templates that i found on the web site and so far i feel like i've really managed to get a lot done!!!

I've also managed to make up a predator staff at work using tubing and then filling with an expanding foam called pedalin. Am also gonna cover it with a form of plastic netting that'll just go over it and i'll use that as a highlight for the staff.

my biggest problem is the mask!!!!! i don't know where to start with it!!! any help with this?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi guys just wanted to give you an update on how i'm doing.

i have finished my lower body armour, and using pepakura, i now have a mask and am just adding the finishing touches to the shoulder gun.

i have one question though, after i've made up the gun and armour using card, what would be the best reinforcement i could use, i don't have a lot of time to be able to spend on this as i have 2 weeks til the party so was thinking of using paper mache as a strengthener then painting. does this sound ok or would it not last?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back