Beetlejuice house model - FINISHED pics page 2

Re: Beetlejuice house model

1245402364_beetlejuice.gif

NICE ****ING MODEL

lmao..i know someone already said it but i had a gif!

seriously it's looking good

yeah the weathering on the ebay one is off. Hobby lobby has all the detail pieces you would need..rails , bricks etc

This appears deceptively simple, the "real-deal" looks like it has alot, alot of forced perspective, which will change the appearance dramatically dependent on the viewing angle and lighting.

Good luck. :thumbsup

This appears deceptively simple, the "real-deal" looks like it has alot, alot of forced perspective, which will change the appearance dramatically dependent on the viewing angle and lighting.

Don't forget the size of the lens on the camera. That can also affect the size and depth of field on the actual house too.

Love what you've done. The only thing I wouldn't do is have the bottom of the garage at an angle like that. My guess it is landscaping throwing it off since in the real world it wouldn't be angled.

Hobby lobby has all the detail pieces you would need..rails , bricks etc

Unfortunately as I'm in Scotland we don't have one of those - in fact I can't find ANY scale replica shops nearby.

I don't think that there is any forced persepctive - since the full scale house and model were built in 3D as complete models (no walls missing) then it should all be there to figure out and fairly straight.

Love what you've done. The only thing I wouldn't do is have the bottom of the garage at an angle like that. My guess it is landscaping throwing it off since in the real world it wouldn't be angled.

Normally I would agree, and did in fact think that, but I'm not so sure after studying screen caps. The large open "garage" hole in the wall is definitely at a slant:

HouseModel3.jpg

HouseModel4.jpg

The white garage door next to it I'm not completely certain on though. Even that looks angled in the stills to me.

Here's a better screencap of the house:

HouseModel1.jpg

If anyone can suggest an online source (perferably eBay) for the railing on top of the tower roof I'd really appreciate it.

A Blu-Ray screencap of this shot would also be great if anyone has it high def....

Unfortunately as I'm in Scotland we don't have one of those - in fact I can't find ANY scale replica shops nearby.

We have a few around if you need anything let me know and I would be glad to look and ship it to you if it helps you finish it. That top railing looks like fence or something.

Here you go this is a screen shot from the blue ray :love.House looks great all the best with it.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5971/100616232406.jpg

Thanks awesome. Thanks! Although now I have to go and cut loads of horizontal lines into every wall...... :angry:lol

We have a few around if you need anything let me know and I would be glad to look and ship it to you if it helps you finish it. That top railing looks like fence or something.

That's a very kind offer, thanks. Hopefully I should be able to track down something online though. If not, I may just give you a holler.

With the Blu-Ray image available, now I REALLY wish I'd found tiny pre-made windows instead of making them from matches.....

Thanks awesome. Thanks! Although now I have to go and cut loads of horizontal lines into every wall...... :angry:lol

You should be able to find sheets of styrene that already have the texture molded into it, I'm fairly certain I've seen them at hobby shops before. I'd check models train shops online and see what they have since that's where I usually see pre-textured styrene sheets.

That's a very kind offer, thanks. Hopefully I should be able to track down something online though. If not, I may just give you a holler.

With the Blu-Ray image available, now I REALLY wish I'd found tiny pre-made windows instead of making them from matches.....

yeah , the blue ray is incredible enough to do some great detail work on it.

You should be able to find sheets of styrene that already have the texture molded into it, I'm fairly certain I've seen them at hobby shops before. I'd check models train shops online and see what they have since that's where I usually see pre-textured styrene sheets.

Yeah, this is definitely the way to go for anybody having a go at this from scratch - also buying miniature windows. However, as I've already cut all the walls, glued them and done all the work, it wouldn't work laying this textured styrene over the top.

As it is, I've cut/scored all the texturing (including the tiles on the tower roof) into the plain styrene with my knife, painted it all and am now working on weathering it.....

Oh, and for the stonework on the bottom section, the best I could find was some bumpy wallpaper. It's not an exact match by any means, but the correct style seems to be out of fashion and not available in my local DIY store, so I settled for the closest they had and glued it on.

OK, NEARLY finished.......

The house is painted.

I built the stairs from scratch using matches.

I built the railing on top of the tower roof from scratch by cutting and gluing together tiny slivers of 1mm styrene sheet.

I carved a base from styrofoam packing material, covered it in a layer of paper mache and used model railway turf (finely ground sponge) to cover the whole base. I also bought a £1 light-up wand, took it apart and installed the colour-changing LEDs in the base (inside the house) toallow the windows to light up and change colour as if there's some kind of miniature possession going on. :lol

I also added the fence going around the house - matches for fence posts and grey thread for wire.

I just have to add two miniature trees and it will be finished! They're ordered and I'm waiting on them arriving....

As soon as the trees arrive I'll get lots of finished photos posted up and throw a 360 degree turn around vid on YouTube.

Until then, here's a little teaser (minus trees):

BeetlejuiceHouseModelTeaser.jpg

:cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back