Becoming Kylo Ren - The Force Awakens

And maybe raise the belt just a tiny bit. I know it is something that moves around a tiny bit but check it out against photos.

I mean juuuuuuust a tiny bit. ??

Can't wait to see your submission pics (if you're going for 501st that is)

Yep, that's the goal!

And maybe raise the belt just a tiny bit. I know it is something that moves around a tiny bit but check it out against photos.

I mean juuuuuuust a tiny bit. ??

Thanks! Will do!

However, I may have run into an unfortunate delay. I took the sleeves to my local tailor to have them taken in, and they took the flare out of the wrist/hand area to create a tapered sleeve. While the sleeves themselves fit much better, I was unable to zip them all the way closed. The tailor is going to see if they can let the wrist back out, but as they discarded the extra material, I’m not sure how much they’ll be able to open them back up.

More to come...

Sean

Looking good!

Might want to hem your surcoat just a tad, as it should rest just above the floor with your boots on.

You can experiment with putting some velcro patches onto your surcoat to help hold your belt just at the height that you'd like.

You are well on your way! I enjoy wearing my Kylo on occasion as well:

g4vNjyz.jpg

pYXS8ZW.jpg

bGGoJdg.jpg

Yep, that's the goal!

Thanks! Will do!

However, I may have run into an unfortunate delay. I took the sleeves to my local tailor to have them taken in, and they took the flare out of the wrist/hand area to create a tapered sleeve. While the sleeves themselves fit much better, I was unable to zip them all the way closed. The tailor is going to see if they can let the wrist back out, but as they discarded the extra material, I’m not sure how much they’ll be able to open them back up.

More to come...

Sean

The same thing happened to me, only I sent the sleeves to Darkside to tighten them and they ended up being too tight. I eventually sold my first sleeved shirt since the cuts couldn't be undone, and ordered a new one. Hopefully you can salvage your sleeved shirt.

[Farnsworth] Good news, everyone! [/Farnsworth]

My Kylo has officially been 501st approved!

I am planning on getting the robes coated, and I'm still working on a lightsaber, but otherwise should be good to go!

Here are some of my submission pics. For those looking to do this, don't forget to include to pics of your lightsaber clip on your belt! I had to send them in separately.

Sean

7C8D0CD9-3DAD-4DF6-8FAB-839E0F219249.jpeg
9B7DF516-36E9-4A93-AAC8-93A0C053989C.jpeg
65081983-634B-41CE-BB41-4D1D783C1E9F.jpeg
C15FDB66-BDB2-4815-997A-4324D23D9D61.jpeg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back