Battlestar Galactica Finished pics

ShowCraft

Sr Member
I recently started this commissioned Galactica. The idea with this build is to replicate the studio models exterior detailing part for part while revamping the interior to make the model as light weight, durable and user friendly as possible. The body is skinned entirely in .60 styrene over a bass wood skeleton affixed to an aluminum armature.

Jim C

Last edited:
Re: Battlestar Galactica build - studio scale

Here's some pics from the beginning.
The armature is 1/16" thin walled aluminum pipe tacked together with a 'pulse on pulse' welder that doesn't warp thin aluminum. The lighting will be all LED. I'm using an incandescent tinted LED fixture for the fiber optics and much whiter LED spotlights for the engines. These LED fixtures are extremely bright and are tinted to give off the same color temperature as halogen bulbs but without putting out any heat, negating the need for any cooling apparatus.

Jim C

Holy frak, I want your work shop! This will be a very cool build. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I'll be watching this thread! I would love to have the problem of "oh where to put this?"

"Were gonna need a bigger boat!"

What they said! :eek

Last edited:

Last night, I primed one side of the head just to see how the panel lines and other detail would show. (ignore the splatters of overspray) Its amazing how the clutter of bits and parts all come together under a coat of paint.

Jim Creveling

DSC03009.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

Last edited:

Fantastic! Just the inspiration I needed today. And I thought your first model was amazing. This is the most perfect and beautiful model of the G I have ever seen. It looks better than the original! Thanks for posting this Jim. :D

Kurt,
This is it indeed! I couldn't be more excited! Jim is doing a fantastic job if I do say so myself. You'd be welcome to see it Kurt. Keep up the great work Mr.Creveling sir!

Clay

This is Jim Creveling? It's a pleasure to meet you, sir. Well, you know what I mean...

I live not too far from you...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back