Battle at Big Rock (Jurassic World short film) to air 9/15

Well, I guess they just leave double crossbows laying around ****** and loaded, because any crossbow that little girl could pull the string back on would never have the power to go through dinosaur skin. And it had no footrest on it for leverage. At least not that I saw.

Well, I guess they just leave double crossbows laying around ****** and loaded, because any crossbow that little girl could pull the string back on would never have the power to go through dinosaur skin. And it had no footrest on it for leverage. At least not that I saw.

TBH, Greg definitely looks like the kind of guy who would leave that weapon ****** and loaded, yet unsecured...

Interesting idea. The premise that was hinted at at the end of Fallen Kingdom, of having Dinos in the real world, was very intriguing to me. Spielberg did it better, in my opinion, but this is an interesting take on it. What is it like to actually LIVE in a world where dinos are roaming around? The dialogue about what the park ranger told them helped cement that for me. Felt more real-world to me.

My thing is, where did all the rest of the campers go?

Interesting idea. The premise that was hinted at at the end of Fallen Kingdom, of having Dinos in the real world, was very intriguing to me. Spielberg did it better, in my opinion, but this is an interesting take on it. What is it like to actually LIVE in a world where dinos are roaming around? The dialogue about what the park ranger told them helped cement that for me. Felt more real-world to me.

My thing is, where did all the rest of the campers go?

I felt like when I watched it the second time you can hear commotion, like people scrambling to get inside, while the family is at the table.

So I’m guessing they just all battened down the hatches.

It was well done and I was good with it until the Girl with the "double crossbow", which isn't a double crossbow (only 1 set of limbs and 1 string). I don't mind kids being the hero.... but that was a little far fetched and *in my opinion* felt ham-fisted. I hope they take more care with the actual movie. LOVED the dinos added social media clips at the end, very fun idea. :)

Has anyone watched Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous on Netflix? I gave it a shot yesterday as I absolutely couldn't find anything else to watch. I watched both seasons in a day. It isn't that bad...for what it is. Well, I could probably name at least twenty things wrong with it, but at my age I try to just focus on the good. There are puh-lenty of people that will go to great lengths telling all the bad.

It takes place before, during, and after the events in Jurassic World. Some teenagers win a trip there, obviously everything goes wrong--you know how it goes.

Anyway, it's not so bad. Pretty saccharine, but there are people who get eaten by the dinos (off camera and of course adult victims only. God, just once I'd love to see a kid get killed in a movie these days. Haven't seen that since JAWS....but I digress). But, the plot actually kept my attention for almost the entire day. Season 3 starts up this month I think.

Stereotypical characters, plot holes galore, really bad decision making by everyone in the whole damn thang.........but, I still actually kinda liked it.

Thoughts?

Has anyone watched Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous on Netflix? I gave it a shot yesterday as I absolutely couldn't find anything else to watch. I watched both seasons in a day. It isn't that bad...for what it is. Well, I could probably name at least twenty things wrong with it, but at my age I try to just focus on the good. There are puh-lenty of people that will go to great lengths telling all the bad.

It takes place before, during, and after the events in Jurassic World. Some teenagers win a trip there, obviously everything goes wrong--you know how it goes.

Anyway, it's not so bad. Pretty saccharine, but there are people who get eaten by the dinos (off camera and of course adult victims only. God, just once I'd love to see a kid get killed in a movie these days. Haven't seen that since JAWS....but I digress). But, the plot actually kept my attention for almost the entire day. Season 3 starts up this month I think.

Stereotypical characters, plot holes galore, really bad decision making by everyone in the whole damn thang.........but, I still actually kinda liked it.

Thoughts?
I enjoyed Camp Cretaceous as well, I was expecting it to be a really kiddified show (something aimed solely at kids, and younger at that) but while it was clearly a kid's show, it was fairly mature and dark for a kid's show. I'm really looking forward to season 3.

Well, season 3 is up. Again, I really don't know why I am enjoying this show.......because it is soooo stupid. But what're ya gonna do?

So, these kids have been stuck on the abandoned island for a couple months now. We know this because at one point they were tallying the days. No one seems to even notice that they are missing. Parents maybe? One of the kids is like Bruce Wayne rich, yet his family hasn't seen to fit to putting out a search party. In fact this dinosaur filled, tourist resort island is so abandoned that wild game hunters have shown up to hunt the dinos.

So, even tho these kids are running for their lives from carnivorous dinosaurs literally every day--whenever a dinosaur trips, falls down, gets hurt or whatever, these idiot kids go back and help it! Then it gets up, runs off and lives to chase them another day. The wild game hunters show up and the kids actually sort of team up with the dinosaurs to fight off the hunters. I don't know about you, but if I lived in the woods and there were a bunch of bears (even endangered species bears) trying to eat me every day and finally someone shows up with a gun---uh, I'm siding with the hunters.

Anyway, Wu has done made another hybrid monstrosity--Scorpius Rex which shoots poison porcupine quills or some sht from its body. And of course it is now loose, too.

But y'know--its a kid show. I said I wasn't going to fuss, but I did. Why am I watching this show?!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back