Batman V Superman Mystery Tech Cowl

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by dontfeedmyego, Jul 8, 2015.

1. dontfeedmyego

dontfeedmyego Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

mhorORV.jpg
    This is of the floor at SDCC.
    Looks to me like it might go under the armoured suit? Thoughts?
    So want!

2. Mektar

Mektar Well-Known Member

Even has the voice changer.

dontfeedmyego likes this.
  3. dontfeedmyego

Yeah that's what I thought.. And possible the white lenses..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. harrisonp

harrisonp Well-Known Member

At first glance I was thinking that it is maybe the core of the regular cowl that carries all the tech, and we see Bruce working on it at some point in the film, but looking at the lenses it definitely seems like it could be what is worn under the armored cowl.

5. Archer21

Archer21 Active Member

I heard it was a "detective cowl" for investigations and research but the under cowl idea sounds cool too.

6. dontfeedmyego

bvs-comiccon-gadgets8.jpg bvs-comiccon-gadgets2.jpg

Some more pics

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  7. Fawbish

Fawbish Sr Member

Ever so slightly losing my **** for this stuff. Epitome of cool. Can't wait to see it in action.

8. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It looks like the front of the mask slides up and down

9. CarverSindile

CarverSindile Active Member

Is the voice changer practical

10. RiotJavelinDX

RiotJavelinDX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you're asking if they used it as a voice changer on set, no.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

11. CarverSindile

How do you know?

12. teragon

teragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dude, let it go. People told you in several different thread now, this is a prop. It wasn't really worn under the cowl, and the voice distortion was all movie magic.

13. DAVIDYR1

DAVIDYR1 Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Wait...so Batman can't really do all those wonderful acrobatics in real life? No swinging from rooftops? Pounding on Superman and falling through a skylight? Exploding through a floor and taking down a dozen armed bad guys buy hand?
    All movie magic?

My Adam West childhood is ruined.

David

reelprops likes this.
  14. CarverSindile

Direct Quote from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Tech Manual - "Harlocker's team added micro-ports to provide the idea that the cowl could be hooked up to the Batcave's systems so that Alfred (Jeremy Irons) could run diagnostics on its tech capabilities. They also added a voice modulator, a practical prop that the actor could speak into."

15. RiotJavelinDX

RiotJavelinDX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubbing_(filmmaking)#ADR.2Fpost-sync

I guarantee they didn't use whatever sound came out of the modulator as-is

16. CarverSindile

I got off topic I know that if you will do this for me because I can't post there anymore.

The reason I got so off topic was because I got frustrated that no one believed me. And that reminded me of my issues with my family members such as no one believing me, people accusing me, no one ever listening to me, etc.

17. brucebatman

brucebatman Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I think what people are trying to say is while the microphone was a practical prop and did work which was demonstrated by Alfred when we first see him Ben actually didn't wear it under the cowl it was only made in the first place so Alfred could have something to work on during a scene in the batcave.
    the voice you hear is just bens normal voice after its been altered with in post production.

18. CarverSindile

If I had the money and skill and research and technology, etc. I would do the best to create it to prove everybody wrong.

19. brucebatman

prove everybody wrong about what exactly?

20. CarverSindile

Everything but the part I'm going to quote I already know because it was said in the book. Quote Below:
    "the voice you hear is just bens normal voice after its been altered with in post production."

- - - Updated - - -

The voice modulator that it is possible.

21. brucebatman

well of course the voice modulator is possible but they didn't use that in the movie it was Ben speaking normally.

22. brucebatman

23. CarverSindile

I got off topic in different thread and I know that if you will do this for me because I can't post there anymore.

The reason I got so off topic was because I got frustrated that no one believed me. And that reminded me of my issues with my family members such as no one believing me, people accusing me, no one ever listening to me, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

But the people in different threads are telling me and acting like it's not possible.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record I don't trust anything said by somebody if they said it before the movie came out and if it was said after the movie came out then I would trust it.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting off topic reply to what I said and lets get back on topic.

24. CarverSindile

Here is the quote by Jennifer Garner: ‘”We were not privy to the Batman voice at home, but I’ve been on set enough to hear bits of it. It’s spot on. Growly and decisive and sexy, if I do say so myself! Exactly what you would hope it to be!”

Source:
    http://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-affleck-voice-kryptonite/

25. brucebatman

that interview was after the movie.....

26. Snikt

Snikt Sr Member

Aw man Carver. At first, I laughed cause I was like "haha oh man this guy is at it again" but now after reading some of these posts I feel a little sad for you. Its not a matter of people believing you, its a matter of you not understanding what everyone is trying to tell you. Yes, voice modulation is possible. Did they do it in the movie? NO. They did it in post production. If you dont know what that means, look it up. Seriously man. Cause *. :confused

27. CarverSindile

The interview was March 18 and the movie release date was March 25.

28. brucebatman

some people saw the movie on or before the 18th so the movie WAS out it dont make no difference anyway do you think the movie is released the day it finishes shooting? if you can be petty i can be too.

29. CarverSindile

I've learned not to take anything at face value and never to trust anything, why tv shows like hack my life and hacking the system and showdown of the unbeatable because if I can pick holes in something I learn not to trust anything. Now let's get back on topic about the tech cowl.

30. CarverSindile

I'm very conflicted, you're saying it's possible but they didn't do it for the movie, they did it in post production, but could the voice modulation that was done in-universe could it be created in real life and then they multiple sources saying that are agreeing with people but then they are sources disagreeing with you and other people, I guess I will have to wait for the DVD and behind the scenes to come out or somebody on here or me could contact the people who worked on the film.

- - - Updated - - -

Now it's time to get back on topic.

31. Snikt

Snikt Sr Member

Yes. Voice modulation is possible. Hell, they sell toys that make you sound like Darth Vader. They dont work very well, but its possible. There are programs on your computer that tweak how your voice sounds, which is what they did for Batmans voice in the movie. They did not, I repeat, DID NOT have a fully functioning voice modulator for the film. They didnt need to. Keep in mind movies try to use as little money as possible when making a movie. They arent going to invest time, manpower, and funds into a working voice modulator designed to fit into a cowl of a costume. There is no point when you can do it with a computer, and lines of dialogue. Regarding people that worked on the film, try and contact the sound engineers. Maybe they can explain it better, because I dont know how else to say it.

32. CarverSindile

There are two tech cowls used in the movie.

33. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

34. BROTHERFOSTER

BROTHERFOSTER Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

35. CarverSindile