Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Post-release)

Not sure why everyone turned on this movie so savagely. It wasn't brilliant, but it was solidly pretty good, even enjoyable...at times kinda awesome even. A pleasant change of pace from the same glib Marvel dreck. I saw the theatrical also, which I hear is the lesser version.

The extra long director's cut is very much watchable.

However, even though I enjoyed it, i still turned it off the moment their showdown began

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's the only version I've seen. I was still disappointed even though my expectations were low.

That's the only version I've seen. I was still disappointed even though my expectations were low.
Ohhh.

Well then I recommend you never watch the other one.

You know what is good? The animated Adam west Batman flick that came out last year. It's the best superhero movie of the year.

And if all these bad movies are bumming you out, it's a total palate cleanser.

The batman 66 cartoon that came out was horribly cheesy. It was meant to have some cheese to ot to match the live action series but it was way too much.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The batman 66 cartoon that came out was horribly cheesy. It was meant to have some cheese to ot to match the live action series but it was way too much.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Really? I thought it was awesome. I also loved the commentary towards the endless supply of "dark" Batmans that we have had to endure over the years.

And the jab towards "the dark Knight rises" was hilarious.

Frankly, I'm ready to go see a lighter Batman at the movies. Bring on the blue and grey suit

Really? I thought it was awesome. I also loved the commentary towards the endless supply of "dark" Batmans that we have had to endure over the years.

And the jab towards "the dark Knight rises" was hilarious.

Frankly, I'm ready to go see a lighter Batman at the movies. Bring on the blue and grey suit

i'm also tired of batman never being allowed happiness.

he should be able to do a bat tusi once in a while..although maybe not in the suit.

Ohhh.

Well then I recommend you never watch the other one.

You know what is good? The animated Adam west Batman flick that came out last year. It's the best superhero movie of the year.

And if all these bad movies are bumming you out, it's a total palate cleanser.

I'll have to check that out. I loved the Adam West series when I was young.

Well your prayers have been somewhat answered, with Lego Batman... That's the best lighthearted version you're gonna get for while I reckon ! Even if they rebooted the universe, which they won't do, it would be different stories, different actors, but essentially the Bat wouldn't change much ! While some people look fondly on Adam West's Batman, the only critically acclaimed versions on the big screen so far are Keaton's and Bale's, both of which were quite brooding... And most people seem to like Affleck's, who's in an even darker place !

I actually liked Affleck's portrayal. I thought he did a good job. Casting has always been one of Snyder's strong points.
I definitely liked the suit, thats for sure. Probably my favorite onscreen batsuit second to Batman Returns.
teragon I rewatched the Keaton Batman movies, and while youre right, they are brooding, Bruce Wayne is still a little more relatable in those movies than Ben Afflecks Batman. He is SUCH a downer... I mean, I get having your parents killed would be horrible, but youre also a billionaire. Thats why I liked Keatons Batman, of course he was still Batman, but when he was Bruce he was somewhat of a person. Even Bale kind of grated on me a bit, especially with the Rachel stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely liked the suit, thats for sure. Probably my favorite onscreen batsuit second to Batman Returns.
@teragon I rewatched the Keaton Batman movies, and while youre right, they are brooding, Bruce Wayne is still a little more relatable in those movies than Ben Afflecks Batman. He is SUCH a downer... I mean, I get having your parents killed would be horrible, but youre also a billionaire. Thats why I liked Keatons Batman, of course he was still Batman, but when he was Bruce he was somewhat of a person. Even Bale kind of grated on me a bit, especially with the Rachel stuff.

yep.

keaton bruce was the most fun and human.

these days, people feel you need to be constantly depressed to have 'real drama'

But that's the thing with Bruce : there is no Bruce ! Only Batman... Dude is messed up, his Bruce is just a way to conceal and help his Batman personna... Which I thought was clever in the Lego Batman trailer, when Batman says to Robin that Batman doesn't live in Bruce Wayne's cellar, it's Bruce Wayne who lives in Batman's attic ! It's a clever funny line, and unless I read too much into it, it kinda illustrate my point that Batman is his main identity ! Also he's not depressed, he's angry and focused solely on his mission, but none of it is depression. Even Affleck, that I consider the "darkest" of them at the time of the BvS events at least, he's in a dark, hateful place, but it doesn't look like depression to me.
In any case, let's he how he evolves in JL, see if he's really worthy of the "best live action Batman" title ! Agreed on the suit though, best one so far ! And better than the JL one as well...

The best Batman/Bruce combo is clearly the Animated series. Batman is focused and determined but he still can be kind and engaging with civilians. One of the best examples of this is the Grey Ghost. He is determined to stop the bad guy but you can tell he is happy and enjoying himself when he is sitting in the room with Alfred eating popcorn watching the old episodes.

The best Batman/Bruce combo is clearly the Animated series. Batman is focused and determined but he still can be kind and engaging with civilians. One of the best examples of this is the Grey Ghost. He is determined to stop the bad guy but you can tell he is happy and enjoying himself when he is sitting in the room with Alfred eating popcorn watching the old episodes.

TAS is simply the gold standard beyond the comics for Bats.

but that batman/bruce never really evolves as a human. he's one note, even if the show is amazing.

case in point, JLU episode where batman/diana travel to the future. old bruce and diana never hook up......he never allows himself happiness.

I've talked to a few people regarding how Batman is portrayed in BvS and they didn't really get that this is a Batman twenty years later. He's tired, he's angry. The world's gotten worse, Robin was murdered. All this piles on top of what was already driving him. He was an extremist who gets more extreme until he is blinded by his inner demons. Of course those who want an Adam West goofy Batman are not going to like it. This is kind of a harsh movie, especially the extended cut. I'm not surprised by the reaction it's gotten in these days of family-friendly Marvel movies.

I've talked to a few people regarding how Batman is portrayed in BvS and they didn't really get that this is a Batman twenty years later. He's tired, he's angry. The world's gotten worse, Robin was murdered. All this piles on top of what was already driving him. He was an extremist who gets more extreme until he is blinded by his inner demons. Of course those who want an Adam West goofy Batman are not going to like it. This is kind of a harsh movie, especially the extended cut. I'm not surprised by the reaction it's gotten in these days of family-friendly Marvel movies.

It's not so much marvel friendly for me.

It's making them a likeable character.

If a movie is all doom and gloom, and Batman be like 'I'm gonna catch crooks'...as he's eating dinner.. and 'i'm gonna catch crooks' as he's brushing his teeth and 'i'm gonna catch crooks' as he's driving down the street looking to catch crooks...it makes him kind of boring.

unless it's the lego movie and they parody that goofy glumness with goofy goofyness wonderfully.

You could have had him with a family.. seeing his inner struggle as he keeps his crime fighting life separate from his family life. that would have showed us that maybe some time had passed.

This batman, not really likeable. not really relate able. you can't really root for him. and if he tried some humor to lighten the mood a little, it wouldn't work.

you don't have to be all goofy or all serious. that's why i think the marvel movies work. they found a nice middle ground and can go in any direction. dc hasn't found that yet. they are too busy rushing things.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back