Batman Returns Vehicles (Pic Intensive!)

Starfighter29

Last weekend, the Batmobile, Batskiboat, and Duckmobile went up for auction here in Houston and I was fortunate enough to have access to the vehicles the day before the auction and get some shots of them.

I figured some folks here might have an interest in seeing these so I thought I'd share them...

I wasn't able to make it to the auction to see how much they went for (they were sold as a lot) but the estimate was around $300,000 for the trio.

Enjoy!

DuckSide1.jpg

DuckFront.jpg

Batskiboat2.jpg

Batskiboat1.jpg

Batmobile1.jpg

BatmobileFront1.jpg

ClosedCockpit1.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Rear2.jpg

BatmobileSide1.jpg

Wheel1.jpg

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

I'm pretty sure those didn't make into Returns.

Jay O made them, I believe he just made the promo vehicles. Did they come with Certs from WB?

Don't get me wrong. I love those pics. thanks for posting them. Much appreciated.

Jay O made them, I believe he just made the promo vehicles. Did they come with Certs from WB?

Don't get me wrong. I love those pics. thanks for posting them. Much appreciated.

You are correct. Jay Orberg has the molds to these things. I know the
Returns Batmobiles had wipers on the canopy so I don't think these
are the actual screen used vehicles, but promo ones as you said.

They are probably relying on the fact that 99% of people couldn't tell
the difference. We 1% hardcore guys ruin it for them. LOL.

I still wouldn't mind have one of them though. :love

last I saw the screenused duck I remember it to be in really bad shape. That was ages ago on some other prop site - I think that's what makes me red flag this auction as not screen used.

They are definitely cool pics though. thanks thanks! Heck - I wouldn't mind driving around in that thing... even it is a replica.

Yeah there weren't a lot of specifics about the vehicles that I found out about while I was there, however it was denoted that Warner Bros. had final approval of whoever won the auction. There was a disclaimer in the auction book that did say that some special WB documents would have to be signed by the winning bidder.

I watched the movie before seeing these vehicles and I could not screen match the duckmobile at all. There were no speaker slats (just some indentations) on the front and this version of the duck had a seam to allow the head to rotate, which as far as I can tell was not on the screen used model either.

Regardless, I just thought they were cool to see in person and wanted to share the pics in case people were interested.

I love the Batmobile! thanks for sharing!

With all the rich people in the US and around the world I would figure I'd see more of these on the freeway.

I believe that the original Batcar #2 with wipers and the Bat ski boat are still here in Fl along with another odd addition, the Moonwalker Lancia Stratos.

Will

It's really a shame it's not street legal...it would be amazing to see the Batmobile on the road... They started it up while I was there and it sounded excellent. Has a Chevy 250 HP V8 in it I believe. The front end also has hydraulics so they can lift the body up to move it over bumps or inclines without damaging the front.

Fantastic, It does look amazing when seen in the real world.#
The 'boat' is beautiful- I dont really remember it all in the film but here it looks stunning.
Cheers !

Cool car for sure, but it just doesn't look right with high gloss paint. It was matte, or at the most, satin in the film.

I wonder why it can not be street legal. Depending on the state, registering it as a kit-car/home built shouldn't be too difficult.

And 250hp from a V8 is just sad. At least turbo/super charge it so you get the jet engine sound.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back