Batman Fan Film Discussion. Updated 3/24 W/ storyboard beginning

Awesome, I'm kinda interested in storyboarding as well. Could you send anything you're reading? I want to see what the hype is about.

I'm searching the web right now, most of what I've gathered is that they should be at a 4:3 frame ration (4 x 3 in, 8 x 6, 12 x 9) or 16:9 ration for widescreen, then right out the action, fx, musical score, and camera pan directions.

This is the article I've been reading: How to Make a Storyboard and Shot List | Videomaker.com if anyone else want to chime in on their experience then I'm all ears, but it sounds like I'll be able to do. :)

-Seth

I'm searching the web right now, most of what I've gathered is that they should be at a 4:3 frame ration (4 x 3 in, 8 x 6, 12 x 9) or 16:9 ration for widescreen, then right out the action, fx, musical score, and camera pan directions.

This is the article I've been reading: How to Make a Storyboard and Shot List | Videomaker.com if anyone else want to chime in on their experience then I'm all ears, but it sounds like I'll be able to do. :)

-Seth

Didn't I tell you all of this like ages ago on these forums...lol, Sorry I've been away I took a much needed "Spring Break" from projects,work and life for the most part really. Either way Seth keep grinding away! :cheers

Yeah, something like that GC :p really no updates, trying to sort a lot of things out right now, I'll post if I ever get anything to show :p

-Seth

Okay guys, just letting EVERYONE KNOW, after a whole month of stalled progress, I think everyone's interest in this is sadly gone... :( to me this dream/hope will never die, but sadly things aren't falling in to place for this to happen, or at least, that I will be the one to direct/produce it.

I'm just going to keep writing and come up with a storyboard for the first episode and trailer, but I don't know when I'll have anything.

Now here's a big question. I know "I" do not have the funds/contacts to make this happen, does anyone know of a film company that... "does"? I know bat in the sun has had tremendous success in fan films, but I doubt they would take something which the conceptor can't get it off the ground, but I am wondering if it will be possible to sell/work with others that do have the means to do so. Does anyone have any honest semi to pro small timers that would be interested in something like this?

Please, this is not a dream that I want this to happen, despite my inabilities to make this happen on my own...

-Seth

Okay guys, just letting EVERYONE KNOW, after a whole month of stalled progress, I think everyone's interest in this is sadly gone... :( to me this dream/hope will never die, but sadly things aren't falling in to place for this to happen, or at least, that I will be the one to direct/produce it.

I'm just going to keep writing and come up with a storyboard for the first episode and trailer, but I don't know when I'll have anything.

Now here's a big question. I know "I" do not have the funds/contacts to make this happen, does anyone know of a film company that... "does"? I know bat in the sun has had tremendous success in fan films, but I doubt they would take something which the conceptor can't get it off the ground, but I am wondering if it will be possible to sell/work with others that do have the means to do so. Does anyone have any honest semi to pro small timers that would be interested in something like this?

Please, this is not a dream that I want this to happen, despite my inabilities to make this happen on my own...

-Seth

I don't know for sure, but if you did present your case to Bat in the Sun, they might help you in any way they can...

I'm not quite sure, I am pretty sure they gt thousands of requests to help them with their films. If anyone knew a say to contact them them other than their Facebook and email that they have for their company?:

I'll do some more research... oh and happy mothers day!

Seth

if it hasn't already been said check out indigogo they you can pitch your idea's on there a raise cash depending on how good of a story you've got and people donate cash

if it hasn't already been said check out indigogo they you can pitch your idea's on there a raise cash depending on how good of a story you've got and people donate cash

Yeah, good point.

Kickstarter can also be a good starting point for funding - just make sure you have an approximation of how much money this project is going to take - hiring cameras, prop making, costume designing, making and buying...you know.

It would be on the to do list if things had gone according to original plan, but in order to bring this thing full circle, I would have to quit my job and do this FULL time (40-60 hours a week) to get this thing cooking again, not saying I won't try it, but I don't have any contacts. I have a few places I'm going to try, there is a few film making forums and I do have a few contacts actually... but I don't know if they would be able to help given how vague everything is right now.

And, I don't have people I can contact for quotes on said equipment, which is why I threw it out there about working with an already existing company. Thanks for the interest in this still :)

Last edited:
Well guys... nothing from Bat in the Sun.

What's going to transpire is this. I'm going to finish my current cosplay and a suit of pepakura armor (edit and unfold) for a friend (halo sangheilli for those interested), then after all of that is completed, I will begin looking for groups and individuals that will help bring this to life.

Hopefully I will have an update for you guys and girls, but until then, keep up the great costume making, and bringing those dreams to life :)

-Seth

Hey, Seth,

I know it's been a long time, but I was just wondering how far along this project is.

Also, if you're looking for a costume designer (but not maker), then I can offer my services for you. I've always had an interest in designing a costume for something of my interest, and this seems to be the perfect beginning.

If you like, I can always PM you this idea that I've been playing around with your Joker.

Thanks in advance,

JokerMan

Not much to report :( I've been really busy... and things just keep coming up -_- and financially, I'm no better off, Gen Con coming, and I need a vehicle, so at best it will be the autumn to winter before I would have the money to make even the costumes for this, let alone anything else. If you want to talk about designs, then we can, it never hurts :p

-Seth

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back