Interest Batman DOJ/JL - Fabric and Suit Run - *Fabric Dyeing and Seamstress Announcement*

Hi Kiyominai, I'm interested in DOJ fabric with fabric dyed to accurate colours. Please add my name to list... Many Thanks

I may be very wrong, but I'm not sure that the fabric color you're using as a reference is the final one used in the film. I know that they tried out different inks/fabrics and I think that the inks you used are perfect, but looking at Ironhead's behind the scenes photos, I'm not sold about the color. It looks a little too dark to me. But like I said, I don't know and I could be very wrong. Here's a photo that I saw. Also quick question. Does the fabric stretch at all? bvs arm.jpeg

I may be very wrong, but I'm not sure that the fabric color you're using as a reference is the final one used in the film. I know that they tried out different inks/fabrics and I think that the inks you used are perfect, but looking at Ironhead's behind the scenes photos, I'm not sold about the color. It looks a little too dark to me. But like I said, I don't know and I could be very wrong. Here's a photo that I saw. Also quick question. Does the fabric stretch at all? View attachment 662984

If we're talking about the color of the ink, I'm fairly certain kiyominai reached the best tint possible, as seen in the post #19, where we compared the inks to a production made sample from the same run as the screen used suit. But for the fabric, we haven't found the definitive one we'll be using yet, so indeed our test doesn't match the screen used fabric. Right now the best option is to use the same fabric we used for our test, which is stretchable lycra/spandex blend, and have it dyed to match to production piece, so in the end, it will be definitively as accurate as it could be color-wise !

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're talking about the color of the ink, I'm fairly certain @kiyominai reached the best tint possible, as seen in the post #19, where we compared the inks to a production made sample from the same run as the screen used suit. But for the fabric, we haven't found the definitive one we'll be using yet, so indeed our test doesn't match the screen used fabric. Right now the best option is to use the same fabric we used for our test, which is stretchable lycra/spandex blend, and have it dyed to match to production piece, so in the end, it will be definitively as accurate as it could be color-wise !

i feel like there are two fabric colors on the suit. i noticed that the armor batman fabric is different from regular suit batman

I'm interested in DOJ fabric with fabric dyed to accurate colors, seamstress possibly. Please add my name to list. Thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back