Batman Begins Scarecrow

SithScout

I decided to finally get around building a Scarecrow costume ( since I seamed to have missed the Batman trend by a few years). LOL I am just about done and just have to figure out the fear gas emitter. I have a shell built and a CO2 set up to trigger a burst of air but can't get a nice fog effect. I am going to try coating the interior of the tube with baking soda as it is all natural and dissolves completely in water.
I am not totally content with mask as it seems too dark to me, but for 3 attempts and a total of 6 hours work on the final one I am satisfied for now.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost forgot; here are a few pics of what I have so far, I apologies that the lighting suck and it washes out the weathering. Oh and some Scarecrow Selfies! :)

Played around with the fear gas emitter and got good results with baking soda and co2. Only issue is that it is a one shot deal. I need to figure out a reservoir system for the baking soda. But also need to figure out a way to refill the tube with baking soda but have a switch to stop CO2 from going into the baking soda reservoir. I feel like I am close to making this work; just having difficulty envisioning what I need.

Also would love to know if there is some sorta spray to help harden the burlap in the face to make in more mask-like ensuring it doesn't loose its shape. I have superglue painted on some of the more "load bearing" folds. Any thoughts on either issues?

Also would love to know if there is some sorta spray to help harden the burlap in the face to make in more mask-like ensuring it doesn't loose its shape. I have superglue painted on some of the more "load bearing" folds. Any thoughts on either issues?

I've seen people get really good results using Shellac with burlap.

Anyone have any idea what the straitjacket was made from. I have seen full length straitjackets before but they are pricey. I was curious about modifying a white canvas duster ( Canvas Duster - Natural ). I am afraid it might be too short.

Also on the scarecrow duster there are white nylon straps that have grommets in them. I feel like i have seen strapping like this before but can't find it. Anyone know what it is or am I gonna be stuck grommeting a bunch on nylon strapping.

Latest Update: Completed the Fear Gas Emitter. I utilized a CO2 bike tire inflator...the one I used has a trigger. I was used water in the tubing at the co2 was able to cool it enough to partially crystallize the water creating a pleasant mist. I was only able to get one shot before refilling w/ water. I was not content so I built a reservoir system. I now get between 4-6 shots before refilling both water and CO2 canister. I still need to sew an elastic stapping system. Here are pics:

Sanded

Painted

Full Rig

Wrist

Propellant

Finished details

Wore the whole costume to a friend's Halloween Party and got best costume of the night. Since you all already know what this costume looks like here is a picture of the fear gas device in action. My friend managed to snap the picture at the perfect moment. Sorry the lighting isn't better.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back