Batfleck regular belt and armored belt build

teragon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, this is something that a friend and I have been working on since the first official color picture of Affleck's Batman was released, and we're finally comfortable opening a thread about it. We need it ready for a con here in September, where another friend is going to cosplay in what we hope will be a "Masked Rider Man of Steel costume" accuracy and quality level Batfleck suit (if you have not seen Masked Rider's MOS costume, go see it, short of a screen used one, there's nothing better !)
I posted a render of the pieces together somewhere here a few weeks ago, this one :

batfleck_belt.png

And now a few individual ones :

batfleck_buckle.png
batfleck_pocket.png
batfleck_pod.png

A few things were corrected since then, mainly the curve at the bottom of the pocket, which I wasn't satisfied with, but now all the pieces have been printed, and are ready to mold.
We've got a supplier for real leather belts to serve as a base to mount the pieces on, and we're working on nailing down the bronze/gold color of the metal pieces, which will be cold casted of course. Like I said, we're aiming for as much accuracy and quality as we can, so no shortcuts will be taken. With that, we'll also make the steel knuckles, steel toe pieces and fins in the same cold cast resin so it matches perfectly the belt.
More to come soon !

Last edited:
Re: Batfleck belt build

Subscribed! Can't wait to see what you come up with. Will you be offering any these in the future, or is this just for personal play? Either way, I can't wait.

Alright, waiting on the supplies to mold and cast this baby, also found a new supplier for the leather belt, cut with a custom shape. Also entertaining the idea to make a foam latex or flexible urethane version of it. A few surprise coming with this too !
affleck_belt_masters.png

Looking good! Let us know if you plan on doing a run of these as a kit or belt all together, I'm piecing together my custom batfleck for the Chicago Con at the end of August and I think it would look great with my custom sub dye print for a photo shoot.

We will make a run, probably around SDCC I think, not a big one probably, but I'll have to see with my partner about that.

Got the belt template laser cut and glued some pleather on it to see what it will look like, so here it is with an old 3D printed version of the buckle for scale :
FullSizeRender-57.jpg
We're actually thinking of making a cast of that, in some kind of flexible foam or urethane, in addition of the real leather version. So we may end up with some kind of hero belt and stunt belt. We'll see.

Ok, with SDCC opening and pictures pouring, I can finally show a little surprise we have to go with the belt, had it for a while but kept it hidden until it was official : the batarangs ! Thank god for us our source was right, so we have accurate batarangs down to the grooves too. But Now I have to give a shot at that grapnel gun :p

11304533_1581322642142504_565673136_n-2.jpg
You'll recognise the picture, it's the same as above except I had erased the batarangs from it ! Also, my partner starts casting this week. First we'll cast a few belts for us, then with what's left, the plan is to make a few more fully finished for the junkyard, and open a run thread for kits. Batarang(s) will be included with the finished belts.

I remember seeing the leaked batarangs way back, there was a heated discussion about it lol

I am so interested in this i want to own every piece of batfleck memorabilia possible.
also pleassseee give that grapple a go too its gorgeous :).

Well, already working on the grenade launcher and its grenades, the grapnel is not far behind ! But I'll probably make a thread for the gadgets, as they are not directly related to the belt. I need as much as I can for the end of September, the con we have here is the main reason I started all this, so expect things to speed up a bit !

You mean these ? They're on the way to my partner already ;)
IMG_4308.JPGIMG_4238.JPG(note : the knuckles here were the V1, reprinted them smaller after that picture was taken, because obviously they were a bit too big when seen next to each other like that. And I didn't forget the thumb one, but it wouldn't stick for the picture.)

edit : regarding the body suit, my partner is taking care of that, but I didn't play any parts in it and don't have much info. All I can say is that it looks fantastic.

Last edited:

@ Teragon:

All three are perfection. :thumbsup

Will you be adding these to the project run along with the belt, in kit form?

- Camron

Yes, they will ! Well the knuckles and toe caps at least, the fins I suppose so too, but we're looking into making the gauntlets into real leather instead of casting them. But I don't see why not offering the fins alone while we're at it, since I'm not sure the gaunts won't be a one or two off for us.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back