BanDai Star Wars models...

I got my Anigrand Star Destroyer but I'll go for that one!
I assume they would scale it down though. That is huge. The Anigrand scale is about all I can handle.

That is the Ani star destroyer. I think they are just teasing with that. I hope they do a star destroyer though. Nobody has done a good small scale one. :)

Ben

Doh! Can't access this as it needs a FB login :cry
just a dozen previews of their upcoming stuff. Unfortunately i couldn't find them on their website.
bandai_fb.jpg

edit; This might help
http://www.hobbylink.tv/the-star-wars-invasion-of-bandai-commences

That is the Ani star destroyer. I think they are just teasing with that. I hope they do a star destroyer though. Nobody has done a good small scale one. :)

Ben

According to the HLJ guy, that is not the Anigrand Destroyer. It is a Bandai created concept model. (not to say it couldn't have been grown from the same source files in a different size). At this time it is only for display purposes and is not in production. I believe the comment was made that if they actually went into production with something like that it would cost at least double what the big 1/350 Yamato kit costs (at least over the $600 dollar mark).

Looks like a frame with separate windows to me.
As far as being molded in color, I'm not sure why people are getting in a tuff over this. Mike, not directed at you, but there have been some harsh comments made on other boards about this, just wanted to be clear. Why be concerned if the parts are molded in color? Don't 99.999% of us paint our models?

I think it's the over engineering of parts that probably bugs some people. For example those red stripes on the sides are separate parts from the fuselage!

The motorized AT-AT is also supposedly a concept model at this point that is not in production. It's only for display purposes and getting people in the door. If it sees production, I'd wonder if they will even go the motorized route.

• November: 1:72 X-Wing and X1, 1:12Darth Vader
    December: 1:12 Storm Trooper
    February: 1:48 AT-ST, TIE Fighter.
    March: the two astromech droids in 1:12 scale
    2015 TBD: 1:48 X-Wing & Snowspeeder, 1:72 Y-Wing, 1:144 Slave I, 1:12 Sandtrooper and Scout & Speeder Bike.

http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=1584514#1584514

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the HLJ guy, that is not the Anigrand Destroyer. It is a Bandai created concept model. (not to say it couldn't have been grown from the same source files in a different size). At this time it is only for display purposes and is not in production. I believe the comment was made that if they actually went into production with something like that it would cost at least double what the big 1/350 Yamato kit costs (at least over the $600 dollar mark).

...and I will be scratchbuilding a large Star Destroyer instead... Yikes! That's a helluva lot for a kit!

...and I will be scratchbuilding a large Star Destroyer instead... Yikes! That's a helluva lot for a kit!

It definitely is not cheap, but consider the size...over 3 feet. If you were to scratch build one the same size, there would be several kitbash kits that will be needed. Even if you were to make moulds of most of the pieces necessary, you could easily go to $1000.00 worth of donor kits and most likely more. Then there is all of the other costs of materials,
Mind you, there is nothing more satisfying than creating something from scratch that hundreds of hours went into.

TazMan2000

If these are near as high-quality as the recent Master Grade Gundam kits they'll be well worth the money. Also, I love that samurai Vader.

According to the HLJ guy, that is not the Anigrand Destroyer. It is a Bandai created concept model. (not to say it couldn't have been grown from the same source files in a different size). At this time it is only for display purposes and is not in production. I believe the comment was made that if they actually went into production with something like that it would cost at least double what the big 1/350 Yamato kit costs

I have a hard time accepting that. If that was the case, then why go to the trouble of creating the packaging. Why go through the effort to develop a prototype of the model and the necessary packaging.

Well, let's see if I can remember enough Japanese to give you guys a translation of the schedule page:

11/2014: 1/72 X-Wing Starfighter, (2,592 Yen), TIE Advanced (2,592 yen), 1/12 Vader, (2,592 Yen)
12/2014: 1/12 Stormtrooper (2,592 Yen)
2/2015: 1/48 AT-ST, 1/72 TIE Fighter (2,592 Yen)
3/2015: 1/12 R2-D2 & R5-D4 (2,592 Yen)
2015: 1/48 X-Wing Starfighter "Moving Edition"(I don't know what they mean by that), 1/48 Snowspeeder, 1/144 Slave I, 1/72 Y-Wing Starfighter, 1/12 C-3PO, 1/12 Sandtrooper, 1/12 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike.

I think that's pretty accurate. The names are just transliterated, and the dates and prices are easy to translate, but I can't read anything else. Sounds like a pretty nice lineup, but it seems Slave I is the only ship bigger than a fighter they have planned so far. I'm hoping to see a falcon added eventually, preferably a big one.

I wouldn't be surprised if this line up is to just tide us over until the onslaught of Episode VII models.

I believe the "Moving Edition" is shown in the video, Wings open and close and engines light up.

Thank you for the translation SigsegV.

That Falcon holds the pass card for mass transit. Instead of holding your card over the scanner you can swoop your Falcon over the scanner.

The electronic version of the X-Wing is 1/48. The first one coming out is the 1/72 version (no electronics).

So, the 1/72 X-Wing comes with two different noses, two different lengths of exhaust nozzles, up or down "toilet seat", and a choice of canopy with glass or without. Sounds to me like Bandai kinda knows their subject matter....

At first, didn't have much interest in the figures, but man, that Stormtrooper looks great! Bandai should include head sculpts of Luke and Han. I wonder who will be first to light up Vader's boxes and saber?!?!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back