Bandai release schedule

Any guess if it makes sense to contact Bandai's via any of their websites to get some official info about the status of license and if there will be more content for the future or none so far?

Any guess if it makes sense to contact Bandai's via any of their websites to get some official info about the status of license and if there will be more content for the future or none so far?

It can't hurt to try, and if you can write in Japanese your odds of getting a response might improve. If that doesn't work, you could always try contacting Bluefin.

What if they wrote back, "we're fed up of all those people out there bitching about the kits we haven't made while not appreciating the best Star Wars model kits ever produced!" :)

Oh, I APPRECIATE THEM. Of my want list posted a week or so ago, I've since acquired the TFA Resistance X-Wing and First Order TIE Fighter, and someone's sending me an ESB vehicle kit Falcon he got in the unchanged box for the ANH one I gambled and lost with. *lol* Still need to get two OT X-Wings and a few more TIES. I just want more. :lol:

Yes....it must be hard for Bandai when people are begging them to make more kits and tell them what they would like to be see done. It must make life so hard for them and feel so unwanted :)
It would be much better if it was silent and no one was talking or discussing Bandai kits, I am sure the company would much prefer that.

I’m guessing due to CoVID and lack of inventory of kits online (sold out, restocks in future) That Bandai is seeing the demand for SW kits. New tools of untouched subjects are likely planned but delayed due to workforce downtime.

No I have no inside information, just being optimistic.

I’m guessing due to CoVID and lack of inventory of kits online (sold out, restocks in future) That Bandai is seeing the demand for SW kits. New tools of untouched subjects are likely planned but delayed due to workforce downtime.

No I have no inside information, just being optimistic.

Let's hope. Still a few kits I need. And what is out there, everyone is jacking the price. So yea, hopefully after this Covid situation, Bandai will put out some more stock at regular prices and we can pick them up.

Let's hope. Still a few kits I need. And what is out there, everyone is jacking the price. So yea, hopefully after this Covid situation, Bandai will put out some more stock at regular prices and we can pick them up.

Bandai is replenishing stock though. Probably not as often as before the pandemic, but I’ve been able to pick up kits (like the clone trooper) that are going got insane prices on eBay, at retail from BBTS when they got a restock in.

Bandai is replenishing stock though. Probably not as often as before the pandemic, but I’ve been able to pick up kits (like the clone trooper) that are going got insane prices on eBay, at retail from BBTS when they got a restock in.

Noticed the same except i only care for the ships. Only new stock seems to be of the smaller vehicle lineup, nothing in 1/72. I feel like they focus mainly on the casual gundam crowd

Noticed the same except i only care for the ships. Only new stock seems to be of the smaller vehicle lineup, nothing in 1/72. I feel like they focus mainly on the casual gundam crowd

or those who love the 1/12 figures. But yeah, it’s pretty hard to find the 1/72 starfighters for retail at the moment. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

or those who love the 1/12 figures. But yeah, it’s pretty hard to find the 1/72 starfighters for retail at the moment. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

I do have the return of the jedi Darth Vader which is awesome but i think the figures also appeal to the casual market as they don't require a lot work to look good.

I've noticed on some websites having preorders ready for September/3rd Quarter so hopefully there's a restock across the range around then.

I do have the return of the jedi Darth Vader which is awesome but i think the figures also appeal to the casual market as they don't require a lot work to look good.

I've noticed on some websites having preorders ready for September/3rd Quarter so hopefully there's a restock across the range around then.

i started off not really caring about the figures and only going for ships (and the droids). But on a whim I bought a clone trooper and was pretty blown away by it. So I then bought a bunch of them to make variants. That led me to buying a bunch of other 1/12 kits. I haven’t built the Vader, but out of the ones I have built, the clone trooper is still by far the best one. All the proportions are just right and it strikes me that when they got to the clone troopers they had perfected the engineering for the figures. On all the others, the guns sit kind of loosely in their hands, whereas the clone trooper holds them nice and tight.

so yeah, overall I much prefer the ships, but I have grown to like the figures too. Building the shore trooper now so we’ll see how it compares to the CT, as it’s the first one I’m building that was made after the CT. I think.

Anyway, yeah I hope there is a ship restock soon. I have 2 or 3 of most of them, but there are still a few I need to get. I’m just glad I got multiples of the Y-Wing as that one seems to have all but disappeared at the moment.

i started off not really caring about the figures and only going for ships (and the droids). But on a whim I bought a clone trooper and was pretty blown away by it. So I then bought a bunch of them to make variants. That led me to buying a bunch of other 1/12 kits. I haven’t built the Vader, but out of the ones I have built, the clone trooper is still by far the best one. All the proportions are just right and it strikes me that when they got to the clone troopers they had perfected the engineering for the figures. On all the others, the guns sit kind of loosely in their hands, whereas the clone trooper holds them nice and tight.

so yeah, overall I much prefer the ships, but I have grown to like the figures too. Building the shore trooper now so we’ll see how it compares to the CT, as it’s the first one I’m building that was made after the CT. I think.

Perhaps i'm afraid of going down the same route and trying to convince myself that i'm not interested in the figures because i dont think i could justify collecting them all in addition to the close to 20 starships and vehicles i plan on buying :lol:

I started building the 1/12th action figure kits first. I enjoyed them so much that I have at least 2 kits or more of each one which caused me to do the same with the droids and vehicle kits.

Wow, me too! I didn't care about them but thought the death trooper looked awesome. Picked it up and now I'm hooked. Definitely quicker builds than the ships because I don't try to paint everything!

Just finished this guy today. The shoulders seem a little high but I don't notice much when he's on the shelf.

Attachments

• IMG_20200622_194943.jpg
    IMG_20200622_194943.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
I too was skeptical about the figure kits ,so i started with the droids and was blown away by the engineering , the Death Troopers looked really cool so i picked up two and put them into a dio. Here's hoping they release more , a Chewbacca kit in 1/12 scale would go nice with the Luke and Solo in Stormtrooper disguise
IMG_20200220_145158_800.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back