Bandai release schedule

Maybe this is when 3D printing and custom kit manufacturing via P2P begins it's real renaissance.

I hope they are not finished, but if they are, The Tydirium shuttle was quite an oversight on releases. I'll have to 3d model and print one myself at that point.

I hope they are not finished, but if they are, The Tydirium shuttle was quite an oversight on releases. I'll have to 3d model and print one myself at that point.

If it helps, the old MPC kit isn't a bad place to start and it's reasonably close to 1/72. The main body and wings are totally usable. It's really just the cockpit section that's way off because MPC used the blueprints of the live action set rather than the studio model. 3D printing a new cockpit is an easier task than printing out an entire ship.

I apologize for derailing the thread. I just didn't want to start a whole new thread just to ask one simple question.

SB

Nothing to apologize for. This thread has taken plenty of twists and turns during the last nearly 5 1/2 years.

I use to let tangents here bother me, but long ago realized, there is no harm to them and I don't make the rules anyway. We are all just guests here, and our hosts don't mind, as long as we are nice to each other, and don't post anything inappropriate for a forum that is family friendly.

My LHS is back open, so as a show of financial support, and retail therapy, I purchased the 1/48 Bandai X-wing, my 2nd copy, and the 1/350 K'T'inga, my 2nd copy, having actually built the first!
Mine just partially reopened this past week for pick-ups. I'm going to be stopping by to get the 1:350 TOS Enterprise that was being held for me. I was going to pick up back in March before they closed. I am largely set on Bandai Star Wars kits, but I'll be filling in a couple more TIE Fighters and Interceptors after I special-order a slew of Round2/Polar Lights Star Trek kits as a show of support.

When there is no new Bandai release news, the Bandai release thread will wander.

This is the way.

When there is no new Bandai release news, the wishlists will resurface.

This is the way.

When there is no new Bandai release news, the doom and gloom predictions that Bandai is done with the license/has lost the license/has lost confidence in Star Wars/the license has expired/the license never really existed/it was all a dream/is anything even real? will start again.

This is the way.

They could do a SD without a bow in it!!
Or a Slave 1 in 1/72 or 1/48
Anything larger than 1/72 for the smaller ships.
Or the 1/48 X-Wing without all the buttons and lights.
Or jump outside of the square and do some larger Rogue One kits and maybe a Quad Jumper or Cargo Shuttle :)
Or they could just keep repoping the same ships and droids in different colours for the next couple of years :(

Not puting Bandai down but sometimes I look at speed/type/ scale of Star Wars kits they are putting out and think.......maybe they are not interested in making money. Maybe they are just doing it for fun. They need some people to come along and say mate!!!!! Why aren't you just puting that one out, there 100 different types of Tiger 1s and you have so many cool spaceships to build and your just doing a different colour R2 unit WTF. Harden the F up and get some more kits out there, your customers are chopping at the bit and are only getting older by the day.
Test the waters, throw out a 1/32 or 1/35 Tie Fighter and see what happens!!!
This is the way!!

Last edited:
Not puting Bandai down but sometimes I look at speed/type/ scale of Star Wars kits they are putting out and think.......maybe they are not interested in making money. Maybe they are just doing it for fun.
I think it's the opposite - they're so big that they aim only at crazy popular stuff and can drop SW if it fails to meet their high sells expectations. Just look at their digital event - one whole day for NGE stuff, one for Digimon, one for Kamen Rider, one for super robot stuff and one for Gundams. That's full week of new announcements! They dont really need SW to make money, it's quite the opposite. Our only hope for now is that not every important bandai franchise got their day for the event (there's no "Dragonball day" for example), so maybe they will announce SOMETHING closer to the christmass. I woudnt expect anything groundbreaking though, because they really like to build the hype half year in advance.

I really wished they continue to produce SW kits..
i have been collecting them for years (altho I am still hunting for some, dammit tie interceptor, death trooper and clone trooper are so hard to find in my country)

Want to see more characters and ships!
Razor crest and mando will be great!!
IMG_4033.JPG

Don't ask what Bandai should do for you; ask yourself what you did for Bandai.
That's my contribution as much as I could (not at this picture: perfect grade MF, 1/48 X-Wing w/m.w., A-wing)

Me wants Sandcrawler, TIE-bomber and a proper scale Corellian Corvette,

Attachments

• 2020-05-27 12.40.43.jpg
    2020-05-27 12.40.43.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 323
  • 2020-05-27 12.41.28.jpg
    2020-05-27 12.41.28.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 327
  • 2020-05-27 12.43.27.jpg
    2020-05-27 12.43.27.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 312
That's my contribution as much as I could (not at this picture: perfect grade MF, 1/48 X-Wing w/m.w., A-wing)

Omg it's beautiful... Skipping the figurines but pretty much bought all the same starships, just need motivation to build them all. Bought the Jango slave I but always thought it was excessive to get the Boba version. Seeing your collection makes me want to reconsider

Lemme see... So far?

• 1x 1:12 Scout and Speeder Bike
• 1x imported Bandai Spirit 1:12 Sandtrooper
• 1x 1:12 Shadow Trooper
• 1x 1:12 Stormtrooper
• 1x 1:72 B-Wing
• 1x 1:72 Y-Wing
• 2x 1:72 TIE Advanced X1
• 2x 1:72 TIE Fighter
• 2x 1:72 TIE Striker
• 3x 1:72 TIE Interceptor
• 1x 1:72 First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter

So far, this is almost as many as I've bought from all other makers since 1983. Star Wars kits, I mean. Still to buy?

• 2x 1:12 Scout and Speeder Bike
• 1x 1:12 Shadow Trooper
• 4x 1:12 Stormtrooper
• 2x 1:12 Clone Trooper
• 1x 1:72 PG Falcon -- just in case they don't do an ESB version
• 2x 1:72 X-Wing
• 2x 1:72 First Order TIE Fighter
• 1x 1:72 Resistance X-Wing
• 1x clear ROTJ vehicle set (for the 1:350 Falcon)

My short list of wants?

• 1:12 Republic Commando
• 1:12 BARC Trooper/Commander Neyo and BARC Speeder
• 1:72 U-Wing
• 1:72 ESB Falcon
• 1:72 Imperial Shuttle
• 1:72 TIE Bomber
• 1:72 Ghost and Phantoms
• 1:72 Z-95
• 1:72 T-85 X-Wing
• 1:72 First Order TIE Interceptor

Several of those they already have most of the assets for. Neyo's a headswap plus accessories. The U-Wing needs scaling and a new parts breakdown. The Falcon has the front lower quarter from the TFA model, more or less, but in a different scale. The Republic Commando, Ghost, and T-85, like all assets from the games and last three animated series, all exist as digital files already. The TIE Bomber and Imperial Shuttle would likely be the hardest, due to having to digitally re-create the physical miniatures, and then make sure they were the correct scale.

I forgot to add (not at those pictures: 1/144 MF TFA and TLJ because there is no such thing as enough Millennium Falcon + Poe's X-Wing TROS)

First Order TIE Interceptor

Is that a thing? Unless you mean Kylo Ren's ship from TLJ/TROS.

Definitely agree with you on the 1/72 U-Wing, TIE Bomber, Imperial Shuttle and Ghost.

Throw in a Resistance Bomber, Nebulon-B Frigate and though I try and forget the prequels happened, the Naboo starfighter is pretty nice.

Seems a bit of a shame Bandai are so obsessed with various iterations of the Falcon and T-70 X-Wings lately, but I guess those must sell the most.

Seems a bit of a shame Bandai are so obsessed with various iterations of the Falcon and T-70 X-Wings lately, but I guess those must sell the most.

I don't think so. The T-70 X-Wings seem to be in stock much more than the original series kits.

I am guessing they were probably obligated to release products for Rise of Skywalker so they went with what they already had basically redressing it to fit the Rise of Skywalker criteria

Now that there are no new movies things have probably relaxed a bit as far as pressure from Disney to get products out there to tie in with a movie release. It is possible they are now just coasting on replenishing stock of older kits once in a while as needed.

Also also, seeing not just what GEEK1138 is doing with his 1:6 Slave I, but also what he's correcting from Fine Molds' 1:72 model and Bandai's 1:144 model, I really, really want Bandai to do a 1:72 Perfect Grade Slave I that corrects the errors in their 1:144 model. I had been hoping there would be an announcement this year of that and a PG ESB Falcon retool/variant for Empire's anniversary.

Also also, seeing not just what GEEK1138 is doing with his 1:6 Slave I, but also what he's correcting from Fine Molds' 1:72 model and Bandai's 1:144 model, I really, really want Bandai to do a 1:72 Perfect Grade Slave I that corrects the errors in their 1:144 model. I had been hoping there would be an announcement this year of that and a PG ESB Falcon retool/variant for Empire's anniversary.
well, their "digital hobby show" was very weak (they showed much more new stuff during their usual beginning-of-the-month-announcements only few days later), so there's still hope for something SW-related this year. There isnt much time left though, if they want to release something in december there's like two months left to show it to the world and build the hype.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back