Bandai Blockade Runner

BLADE and BRUSH

Here is my build up of Bandai's Vehicle Model mini kit of the Blockade Runner.
8hkmyhd.jpg

6Y4VZb9.jpg

qg2n3GL.jpg

u3wkcVa.jpg

1CKuQrl.jpg

What did you use for the weathering? Enamels, acrylics, oils?
Great job. More details please. Paint used, weathering tech., Etc.

Thanks guys. The base color was a mix of Tamiya acrylic flat white, Deck Tan and a touch of Medium Grey, applied through my airbrush. The red markings were hand painted using a mix of Vallejo Red 70.926 and Carmine Red 70.908. I picked out some panels here and there with varying mixed shades of light grey and sandy colors. I then painted "scratches" on the red panels using a fine detail brush. I also used grey and black pastels to dirty up the engine deck and nozzles.

To prepare the surface for weathering, I airbrushed a coat of Tamiya acrylic clear. After that dried I did a wash using a mix of white, brown and black oil paint, thinned with Turpentine. If you are going to do the same, just be aware that Turps and enamel thinners have a tendency to form cracks in the plastic. If you look carefully, you'll spot one on the starboard side, right around the middle of the ship. I also broke one of the turret guns, but that was prior to the wash.

After the wash had dried for a few days I sprayed a coat of Vallejo matt clear and called it done.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back