Bandai 1/144 ROS Falcon kit as ESB/ROTJ era Falcon? That's my goal. And I seem to have reached it. Now it needs a few friends in its scale...

Okay, base colour is on, my brush was a perfect choice- no brush strokes I can see. I used a simple flat white with a few drops of flat gray, and saved the extra in that little jar there for the tiny brush work after it's completely dry. Panel colours will be right after that.
img_20210413_141555-jpg.jpg

D'OH! Today I discovered a whole BUNCH of panels I missed! Now more waiting for them to dry before touching up my sloppiness....View attachment 1448305

I had to chuckle. There seems to be a never ending amount of panels to pick out, especially on the cockpit tube.... and some of those absolutely random, like the small one on the back right before the elbow.
I imagine on the 5 footer there was a lot of space between those panels. On a small model however they become close together and seemingly tedious. Your doing a great job though.

Cheers,
Josh

I had to chuckle. There seems to be a never ending amount of panels to pick out, especially on the cockpit tube.... and some of those absolutely random, like the small one on the back right before the elbow.
I imagine on the 5 footer there was a lot of space between those panels. On a small model however they become close together and seemingly tedious.
Yeah, and honestly, at this scale, if I should end up missing a few, I won'r cry over it. As long as the overall look is reasonably film-like, I'll be more than satisfied. At 1:72 scale I'd be going apesh*t though, ;)
Grrrr.... now I'll have to look for that elbow panel you mentioned. Thanks a lot.... :rolleyes:
:lol:

Spent some time today cleaning up lines, tiny additions here, tiny cover-ups there... such small things that taking pictures would be a waste of time. The preponderance of the changes will matter though... I've never worked on this small of a scale before. It tasks me. It tasks me & I shall have it! Oops, wrong franchise.
Anyway, glad I have my custom double taped-together 3.0 reading glasses to help me through it. ;)
IMG_20210420_185936 (1).jpg

Spent some time today cleaning up lines, tiny additions here, tiny cover-ups there... such small things that taking pictures would be a waste of time. The preponderance of the changes will matter though... I've never worked on this small of a scale before. It tasks me. It tasks me & I shall have it! Oops, wrong franchise.
Anyway, glad I have my custom double taped-together 3.0 reading glasses to help me through it. ;)View attachment 1448971

All those small details become important, I believe.
A great deal of model building you have lots of room for artistic license but some of those hero craft and the Falcon especially really seem to need all those marks and little details ( or atleast an effort to achieve them) to really feel like the prototype you're modelling.

Cheers,
Josh

My list as of now:
Do the scrape-y s**t.
Grime.
Rust/ dirt streaks.
Rust & yellowish sidewall stuff.
Grey & black meteor hit marks.
Tiny black & red freakin' markings all over the freakin' ship.
Breathe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back