Bandai 1-144 Millennium Falcon ANH version

It would be even better if the use a McQuarrie Falcon.. :thumbsup

I am getting so tired of the Mcquarrie fan service going on with Disney right now.

As great as his designs were, the real magic happened with the model maker IMHO. That's when the Used universe really took off.

I am getting so tired of the Mcquarrie fan service going on with Disney right now.

As great as his designs were, the real magic happened with the model maker IMHO. That's when the Used universe really took off.

I didn't know there's a Disney McQuarrie fan club. I saw Jaitea build one day and was impressed by it.

.....I wonder how hard it would be to modify the Bandai kit.....to......

....never mind:D
J

That's funny, it did cross my mind too:lol It would be really cool though.

.....I wonder how hard it would be to modify the Bandai kit.....to......

....never mind:D

Thank you for the comments guys BTW

J

No you don't just said THAT :eek

3 Falcons project already just for myself I wonder if... let me se... let me see.... hum yes maybe a 4th one :lol

I didn't know there's a Disney McQuarrie fan club. I saw Jaitea build one day and was impressed by it.

Obviously the builds people do of those prototypes are wicked. But everything from Rebels is about using McQuarrie as inspiration. So much so that the galaxy they've created there is too slick an clinical. Which is what his renderings were. As cool as the designs were, they were prototypes. And they still had that slick old school look to them. They weren't war torn at all.

It wasn't until production got their hands dirty, that things took off. And IMHO, that's when they made the human connection with the audience.

I guess I'm also a little bittr since they are severing as much as they can with the prequels. It's like everything has to be about the OT and they will suck it dry for inspiration. But at a certain point, Rebels will run out of Mcquarrie renderings to copy

Obviously the builds people do of those prototypes are wicked. But everything from Rebels is about using McQuarrie as inspiration. So much so that the galaxy they've created there is too slick an clinical. Which is what his renderings were. As cool as the designs were, they were prototypes. And they still had that slick old school look to them. They weren't war torn at all.

It wasn't until production got their hands dirty, that things took off. And IMHO, that's when they made the human connection with the audience.

I guess I'm also a little bittr since they are severing as much as they can with the prequels. It's like everything has to be about the OT and they will suck it dry for inspiration. But at a certain point, Rebels will run out of Mcquarrie renderings to copy

Agree with the "human connection". Almost non of the Rebels vehicle have that vib, especially the "Ghosts" I believe it calls the ghost. Maybe after so many years of seeing the OT Falcon I can appreciate the "clean" cut McQuarrie Falcon also.

.......to me though,.....I had to wait from May '77 until Jan '78 for the UK to show Star Wars,.....at that time a good lot of the early hype images were the concept paintings which I also loved,...so still every time I see them I get that "77 feeling,....its like a song or a smell that reminds you of a time

So when I see his concepts & style being used now.... to me it ticks all the right boxes & is Star Wars,.....the ILM guys were interpreting his designs with what they could lay their hands on & beating them up more & more to Georges liking,....I still love the Falcon more than Ralphs concept,....but to me its all in the same universe

J

Hey peoples,....I've done a bit more,....TFA docking rings are a bit plain,....while the 5 footer is more random,...so I'm gonna undo the greebllied one I did on the TFA thread and use it on this one

DcVzPhq.jpg

AvPUah7.jpg

Gonna have to find some really fine greeblies for the cockpit walkway:

QiDOqEX.jpg

l1eMuBy.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Last edited:
Going light speed now John, hot stuff man:thumbsup As my real time life at work drained all my hobby time now I have to sit back and watch yours and others progress :facepalm
One positive thing though: Don't have to think about what to do next... Just copy yours and others :lol

Jaitea.

I also received mine from Shapeways. This material is new for me. Any tips on preparation and what glue did you use for this parts?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
It's frustrating to follow this thread and get that itch to make my own ANH conversion of the Bandai kit, because it would be cool to have the three major variants -- ANH, TESB conversion and TFA

When I bought my 3 Bandai Falcon. I thought I have one left for my archive. The addition of ANH version is really tempting. I guessed I have to order the parts again from Shapeway and extra Falcon.

Jaitea, what's the thickness of the styrene sheet did you use for the re-plating?

Dude, your lower hull is awesome! You'd never know the TESB landing gear boxes were ever there. Getting those boxes out of the way really shows the line of the hull curvature against the docking ring connectors (or whatever we call those things). Can't wait to see this painted and photographed head on like it's being tractor beamed into the Death Star.

Attachments

• EmhgH8h.jpg
    EmhgH8h.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 184
  • EmhgH8h.jpg
    EmhgH8h.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 179
  • EmhgH8h.jpg
    EmhgH8h.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • EmhgH8h.jpg
    EmhgH8h.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 181
  • Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
  • Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    Y9D6Hlh.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 148
  • yyT8f85.jpg
    yyT8f85.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 185
  • yyT8f85.jpg
    yyT8f85.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
  • yyT8f85.jpg
    yyT8f85.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • yyT8f85.jpg
    yyT8f85.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • oU05b9W.jpg
    oU05b9W.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
  • oU05b9W.jpg
    oU05b9W.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • oU05b9W.jpg
    oU05b9W.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
  • oU05b9W.jpg
    oU05b9W.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 148
Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back