Bandai 1/144 Falcon Parts from FZ6 and Shapeways

Just ordered the round engine grills for the Bandai Falcon Tony!

Thanks Robiwon!!!

Then problem only affects the 5 footer radar dish because has the central ring that's too thin for Shapeways ... All the rest of Bandai upgrades are OK -grille, baffles, vents, etc-.

Despite it has been printed several times successfully Shapeways wants a thicker central ring... :(

Are you sure that will affect your dish detail? It may not apply; I would consider that an "embossed detail:"

FUD Minimum: 0.1 mm high & wide

A detail is a feature whose length is less than twice its width. Embossed details stick out from a surface. For Frosted Detail Plastics, the minimum detail is determined by the printer's resolution. When detail dimensions are below the minimum, the printer may not be able to accurately replicate them. To ensure details come out clearly, make them larger than the indicated minimum. We may refrain from printing products with details smaller than the minimum, since the physical product will not be true to your design. If your product has details smaller than the minimum, try making them larger or removing them.

Additionally, you should have the "Print it Anyway" option:

http://www.shapeways.com/support/print-it-anyway/?li=t_menu

Are you sure that will affect your dish detail? It may not apply; I would consider that an "embossed detail:"

Additionally, you should have the "Print it Anyway" option:

http://www.shapeways.com/support/print-it-anyway/?li=t_menu

Mike!

It affects only the central ring not the dish detail. The central ring was floating, like on the 5 footer model...

Now I've redesigned it and the ring seems to float but it sits on the radar cone... So I think that the problem is solved... until Shapeways says no again!!! :lol

So the 5 footer style radar dish is again on sale and available.

And no "Print it Anyway option". My designs must be 3Dprint proof with full print quality!!! :cool

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting a bit fidgety....I ordered it on november 30th and it's STILL in some sorting facility!

Maybe they're having hard times to print and deliver all the Cybermonday stuff...

Just recieved my round engine vents from Tony. Holy Crap! These tiny vents are molded open, and see thru!! I'm thinking dying them may be better than paint, the vents are so tiny. I wonder if RIT fabric dye works on printed parts?

Great stuff Tony!

Just recieved my round engine vents from Tony. Holy Crap! These tiny vents are molded open, and see thru!! I'm thinking dying them may be better than paint, the vents are so tiny. I wonder if RIT fabric dye works on printed parts?

Great stuff Tony!

Many thanks Robert! Very happy that you liked them!

I don't know if this plastic can be dyed.

Wow if the dye works please do let us know. Im dye-ing to find out. Also, light misted paint layers might work too? Hi Tony, i just saw your 1/144 rectangular dish with stand. Fantastic job! I would have gotten one instead of trying to fix the kit part.

Wow if the dye works please do let us know. Im dye-ing to find out. Also, light misted paint layers might work too? Hi Tony, i just saw your 1/144 rectangular dish with stand. Fantastic job! I would have gotten one instead of trying to fix the kit part.
Many thanks for the compliments!!!

And Merry Christmas!!!

This printed plastic absorbs paint like a sponge, so a dye might just do the trick. Do let us know your findings...

Regards, Robert

Great stuff Tony!

Great isn't it? Those vents aren't that small though. I have printed part from Tony that is even smaller and with see thru, so I had no doubt that they can print this fine vent nicely.
Mine will be here next week allong with the PE vents, cant wait.

MERRY XMAS BATTLEFRONT 3 15.jpg

Here are my vents. Still have to wash them. Very nice! Oh, and a quick lighting test of the headlights! :D

veatxs.jpg

m8zndx.jpg

2upu4w6.jpg

The openings are very small. This weekend I'm going to experiment with dying them with Rit fabric dye. I still have to clean them up. I sanded the backs to get rid of artifacts from the printing and the vents filled up with a bit of sanding dust.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back