Bad Blood Sideshow Statue

Ok guys, this is definitely NOT a recast kit, this thing is from the original molds, so just ignore my earlier speculation regarding that.

I still think, however, that there will be a clear difference between the original kits and the mass produced models. Time will tell.

By the way, if any one has one of the originals for sale, unpainted/un-built let me know.

Thank you very much for all comment man thanks really.

Sideshow contact me around 2 years ago I talk with them and decide to sell my sculpture take time around almost 1 years I think and care every my fans I want to everyone think same : my kit sell by myself on Narin series and Sideshow are difference style Narin series you get my kit , my sign and you painting by yourself Sideshow statue you get my sculpture paint up by big company.

and I sell prototype and mold master to Sideshow I confirm Bad blood statue by Sideshow is real by my prototype no re-cast kit.

after confirm to sell prototype I stop selling Narin series 04 Bad blood immediately Although I have many customer asking to it I necessary to say no I can not tell to reason this is rule. hope everyone understand.

Thank you

I really hope that Narin will do some original sculpts for Sideshow. They need someone who has some imagination. They are scraping the bottom of the barrel lately.

It will be interesting how the buyers of his Bad Blood kit will accept this statue. They did purchase the kit under the assumption that there would not be any more of them available. However, the only way that a kit really retains it's value is if it is left in the packaging. I doubt that many people with the Bad Blood kit did that.

Well, NARIN, you are doing a lot of good for yourself. That is pretty cool that SSC came to you with a proposition of such.

Are you saying that SSC isn't letting you sell anymore of the series 4 Bad Blood because they now own the rights to your sculpt? I am a bit confused by this. Care to specify?

well said, i think atleast Narin should start a brand new sculpt for sideshow prepaints, and leave the garage models in the kits world.

i havent logged in here for the longest time,but tonight,i just cant resist.
when this modelkit was released a while back,i recall catchphrases like "500 being made only" and "once its gone,its gone".
if you checkout predatorstuff.com today,you'll see narins latest kit 'spirit blade' being touted as being a 'one-time-limited release' as well.
the real-deal collectors who bought this kit [and paid hundreds of hard earned bucks for it] surely must realise that their 'collectors-limited edition' peice is now simply main stream mass produced sideshow fodder.
this is what salesmen call a 'sell-out' in simple terms.ask the local hot-dog seller,or a big-time corporate salesman.its all the same.
the lair here,is renowned for taking sides with the 'original artist',and renouncing the bad guy 'recasters' in the interests of keeping the integrity of the original artist,and his work.
my question is this.........{?}.............what happens if the original artist [who originally sold the peice as a 'one-off,one time only-collectors peice'], decides to sell out,and produce the same peice within the main stream ?
what is your opinion ?
the original 'straight from the molds' one-off,numbered,limited edition peice just went mainstream.
perhaps sideshow are resizing it ? perhaps thats why it can be legit sold as a 'new' edtiion ?

im keen to start this discussion,because it has so many interesting aspects.

I want to say congrats to Narin! I think it is cool to see his work noticed and appreciated by more people. Hopefully this will open the door to having Narin do more work with them and give us even better Predator stuff to collect.

There are so many people on SSC's fb page bashing this piece.

I'm talking about people saying the pose is stupid and crap like that. The really sad thing about it... almost all of them have no clue who NARIN even is.

I had to set them straight... :)

SSC's paint jobs on the final products have been, to be polite, well off the mark on the recent pred statues.This to my mind a major hurdle here cos the original "limited" kit at least allows some personal artistic interpretation/input, and not the crappy standard SSC factory jobby.
I love Joes paint ups, especially all the subtle details ,just as i love Erwins interpretations also and paying for an SSC version and then totally repainting it doesn't work for me personally.

The 'customer' paint job will Never match that pic on the siteTo nicely illustrate my point the bumpf states this......Artists:
  • Narin (Design and Sculpt)
  • Joe Dunaway (Paint)
  • The Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team
[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles[/background]​

Last edited by a moderator:
...of course the "factory paint app" will never amount to the Joe D. paint app that is used for the ads.

The sculpt is still there, but like you stated though, if someone chooses to repainted they can.

I do agree that SSC's factory paint app's aren't "top of the line" but at least someone gets a little piece of Narin in there collection if they missed out on the kit itself.

...of course the "factory paint app" will never amount to the Joe D. paint app that is used for the ads.

The sculpt is still there, but like you stated though, if someone chooses to repainted they can.

I do agree that SSC's factory paint app's aren't "top of the line" but at least someone gets a little piece of Narin in there collection if they missed out on the kit itself.

Exactly! Well said. Let's hope paint work will be good!

i have re-written this reply about a dozen times now.
heres the final draft.

this statue was originally sold to high end collectors as a 'one-off' 'once its gone,its gone' numbered collectors peice.
destined for the modelkit halls of fame. a grail kit.

regardless,this kit was sold as a "one off" type kit.
it was sold, [and money changed hands] because it was assumed that a kit like this would gain value over time because it was a limited release.

so ,my point is that this kit has been 'sold-out',and anyone who bought this kit as a 'collectors peice' has been shafted.

thats it. my opinion only. personally,ive never had any regrets about buying recasts,and this episode only firms my resolve.

I disagree with celtic yautja, but I understand your reasoning.

Here's my personal perspective. I didn't buy the Bad Blood kit as a collector's piece. In no way am I a high end collector. I bought that piece because I really liked the concept and pose from Narin.

Do I feel shafted? No, not at all. Do I care that it is available to others as a pre-paint? Nope, it's a great kit. Is it worth every cent I paid for it? Hell, yes.

It sits partly assembled but unpainted on my desk because I don't have much spare time to paint it. Will I paint it? Sure, when I get to it, just like my Fine Molds Millenium Falcon. Those were two kits that I really wanted. Will I do my Bad Blood full justice like Joe Dunaway or Erwin or Justin? I'll try but I know that I won't succeed. Will I still be happy? Sure, I will, because at the end of the day, it's my kit, I built it and I will (eventually) have painted it and it's mine.

i have re-written this reply about a dozen times now.
heres the final draft.

this statue was originally sold to high end collectors as a 'one-off' 'once its gone,its gone' numbered collectors peice.
destined for the modelkit halls of fame. a grail kit.

regardless,this kit was sold as a "one off" type kit.
it was sold, [and money changed hands] because it was assumed that a kit like this would gain value over time because it was a limited release.

so ,my point is that this kit has been 'sold-out',and anyone who bought this kit as a 'collectors peice' has been shafted.

thats it. my opinion only. personally,ive never had any regrets about buying recasts,and this episode only firms my resolve.

Seriously?!?!

So, what you are saying is that you don't give two shats if you support thieves and criminals and will continue to buy crap that is pretty much stolen from the original creator just because it saves you a few pennies? That is some messed up logic man.

Besides... the kit's themselves are what are going to be priceless simply because whomever bought them has put their own time and talent in to the pieces. Where as the SSC release will all have the same paint scheme and "manufactured" look.

I'm sorry that you feel you were jipped out of something but you really weren't. If you bought the original kit... you have a piece that is original in the aspect that you yourself put time into it and it is something that NARIN himself put his talents and time into also. The SSC piece isn't even remotely as cool as the kit because of this.

Like I said before too. I think SSC/HT should have just had NARIN do a complete new piece for the "Artists Select" line in which we will be getting the Samurai Pred from. That would have been a lot cooler than this piece because then it would keep people like you from becoming upset and thinking it is alright to spend money on p.o.s. recasted junk that thieves steal.

hi reyals.

your stance from post one,to now,seems to have changed several times. mine,however has not.

please review your previous posts.you're flip-floppin' like a kermit the frog without legs.
[original muppet movie reference there]

just in case you didnt notice.the world has changed.
currently,its on fire.its burning.
your "the artist has rights" argument is lost on me. go ahead,highlight me in green,and in capitals if it makes you feel better.

currently,everybody globally is taking a cut-back.
your 'arguments' for 'artists' are irrelevant.
seriously.they are over.

when the eurozone collapses,america will fall. do a lil google search and face up to whats cummin to yo yanks.
currently,your millitary are sending "predator drones" into civillian areas [you call them "zones",so that you feel better bout it all]
yet,in our present year,and history,america has totally re-written the book on the killing and torture of innocents.

you guys are so much worse than the nazis ever where.
and i for one,stand against you.

and with that,i bid you all good-day,and goodnight.

lol ok Mr Conspiracy theorist. You havent done anything that requires banning. If you don't want to be here anymore, just don't bother coming back.

it still a shame that someone thought he had a rare piece and his neighbour is going to have one for almost half price and painted.I think it should have being an original piece provide from narin to sideshow.

What stops narin from selling the 2012 models at you for 450$ when 6 months you can get 300 from sideshow

o_O Where the HELL did that come from???!!!

First off... I said that NARIN should get his credit where it was due if they didn't give it to him. I don't understand where I was flopping about. I simply said if you or any other person felt as though they got ripped off...the you/they didn't.

Second, it's not ME who is doing all the "nazi" things you seem so intent on believing. I dislike Gov. as much as the next person... especially when it comes to war, torture, terror, and all the disgusting things man does to each other. Sounds to me you have a problem with "Yanks" in general.

Thirdly... I hope you do leave because we don't need people like you gumming up the Lair with filth and nonsense that you are spewing on about. That isn't what this place is for. Obviously you are disgruntled about something, or your heart was broken by an American girl...I don't have any idea. Plus, this place is my escape from the outside world you speak of. I'm not part of any gov. funded conspiracy to collapse anything. I pay no attention to the media because it is all but lies and twisted words fed to fear mongering idiots.

Really, take opinion for what it is...OPINION! I am sorry if you felt the need to justify your argument with an outlash of conspiracy theory and global economic debacles. I just don't understand how people who "support" recasting can full well be at ease with it.

I end here.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back