backer rod

pred beginner

anyone know where i can get 3/4 and 1" backer rod? maybe a site or something, gotta start on dreads soon and have checked lowes and home depot but they only have 5/8" thanks

i'm wondering the same thing! please, help us! hehe ^^ i've looked everywhere, but it nowhere to be found.... :/ haha right now im trying to carve one out from soft foam.... don't think it will work out that well......

u got to go to a building supply store +where they got bricks ,cement and stuff, not home depot,..i like to see what im buying in person ,plus they sell just what u need not more.on line there are preset lenghts so u might pay a bit more plu shipping.. i bought 15 feet the other day of 1" perfect for dreads , only thing is they are a bit stiff so i desided to spend the money on bambooie dreads. PS: BUT someone here might direct you and give u a website that might be better for you.. cant believe i used wo work construction and we had it by the giant rolls of all sizes , never thought i would ever need some years later lol

i had to get the thicker stuff at a local mom and pop hardware store. the big box ones didnt have any 1"

but online will be the cheaper route.

i used the 5/8 one on my last mask and it looked pretty nice. i guess its a bit slim but when you have 50 of them it looks normal. otherwise if you want that specific size google it, and buy some from a website

I have tried several different ways of making the dreads from sculpting them from water hose to foam to liquid latex. But getting them online 3/4" - 1" backer rod is the best bet.

u have better chances in finding the correct size backer rods like online. yea ur home depot. Lowes is garbage and carrried 2 kinds. u may get lucky to find some at home depot. but iv never seen anymore than 1 bag. or yea a supply store/ Tractor supply. stuff like that

np. i still have backer rods form last year. i need to find a way to make some beeding/ weights so they fall good on my new modded rubies. still got a 20ft line to cut lol

np. i still have backer rods form last year. i need to find a way to make some beeding/ weights so they fall good on my new modded rubies. still got a 20ft line to cut lol

yeah mine were all hay wire when i put them on, looked like pred on crack or something lol. so i ended up wrapping a rope around the whole mask holding the dreads in closer to the mask, left it like that a couple days and they stayed the shape when i took it off. not to bad

I found mine online - I think I used bizrate - just a site where they compare misc prices and you pick whats lowest. There's a half dozen sites that do the same thing of finding lowest prices. I wanted inch or inch and a 1/4 thick for the new preds so I had to look harder for it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back