Back to the Future

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Tomorrowist, Apr 4, 2009.

1. DB537

DB537 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Print at 7% size and it should be about right

MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  2. BTTF64

BTTF64 New Member

I think you only need to size down by 15 of the paper props from earlier in the thread.

3. BTTF64

BTTF64 New Member

Here’s a KalKan photo that I made. It’s still not finished, I might have to change some of the text tho 9C53A0FA-824E-4EC6-B484-544257FB9C25.png

ElectroDFW and Banzai88 like this.
  4. docbrown2015

docbrown2015 Member

THANK YOU!!!

DB537 likes this.
  5. Markus

Markus New Member

I thought I had previously seen good-quality versions of Doc Brown's inventor portraits somewhere in this forum, but I can't find them anymore (... yes, I used "search" but I only found dead links). Could someone please give me a link?

6. TinyTim

TinyTim Active Member

*! Just saw a decent kit about a month ago at a Chicago model show! Thought it was cool but wasn't on my list! I'll have to add it to the hunting notes!

Spiderstella likes this.
  7. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Let me pull some old hard drives out of storage after the Thanksgiving weekend. I believe I have all of those saved.

Markus, TinyTim and Spiderstella like this.
  8. Roland

Roland Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This may help. :)

DocBrownInventorPhotos_AlbertEinstein.jpg DocBrownInventorPhotos_BenjaminFranklin.jpg DocBrownInventorPhotos_IsaacNewton.jpg DocBrownInventorPhotos_ThomasEdison.jpg

9. Markus

Markus New Member

10. Spiderstella

Spiderstella Sr Member

11. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

12. Markus

Markus New Member

Thank you for trying!

13. Markus

Markus New Member

I am not completely sure, but I vaguely remember reading that they were 11"x14". This is also more consistent with the ratio of 1600x1200 pixels in Roland's images - and with the scenes in the movie in which Doc is holding one of the frames, or where you can see the frames in the background - these look larger than 8"x10"
    https://i0.wp.com/www.tor.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/BTTF-Doc-Brown-1.jpg
    foto1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  14. Roland

Look at this part of a behind the scenes Polaroid:

polaroid0096_part.jpg

You can see a 8.5x11 in. letter behind the newspaper frame. If you count the pixels on this Polaroid, you will get the dimensions of the scientists frames: The frames are exactly 15x19 inches and the visible pictures are 11x15 inches (frame thickness: 2 inches).

ruscoe and Spiderstella like this.
  15. Markus

Markus New Member

Thanks! This makes a lot of sense. Let me guess: if the visible area is 11"x15", the full size may be 12"x16" which is a common size. This also matches exactly the pixel ratio (1200x1600) of your files, with a nice value of 100dpi.

Spiderstella likes this.
  16. thex

thex Well-Known Member

i would like to find a complete color paper copy of the headline comics replicas to buy thanks for your help

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  17. Roland

18. thex

thex Well-Known Member

i am looking to buy one replica

19. Roland

Someone here was selling a printed replica a few years ago. I just can't remember who it was.

20. DOHCta

DOHCta New Member

Hi All,

Long time reader but infrequent poster.

I have been trawling through this thread wanting some screen accurate copies of both the 1985 and 1955 Marty letters. I find many to claim as being such, is there a definitive consensus on this? I found a post from Roland noting he was going to make 1 with envelope... you know that's going to be good.. was this ever completed?

Then... I came across the Almanac files... and that dick who was selling your work! That's terrible. This is now another project I am interested in and I note that Roland was going to do a write up on achieving the silver cover... dud thus happen? I can't find any record of it...

Thirdly, the Blast from the past receipt.. what was the final consensus on making this? Printed clear foot with clear letters? Silver letters on coloured plastic?

Any help on the above would be amazing.

Thanks all

21. Markus

Markus New Member

Thank you for posting this. However, I just tried to extract the images in the .rar file, but I get "failed to extract" for pages 2, 25, 32, 35, 36

22. DB537

DB537 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have attached my 1955 Marty letter and Lou's Cafe envelope. The 1985 letter has not been done because there are only a few reference images of the actual prop which are not very good.

For the 1955 letter, youngpaddy1 put the handwriting together from HD screencaps and I did the top section and the envelope.

When printed on Monarch/Executive sized stationery and envelopes they should be a screen-accurate match to the ones used in the movie.

The Almanac receipt was screen-printed silver on a transparent blue plastic.
    With some trial and error you can duplicate this effect using toner foil and a laminator.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    MAKE BELIEVE likes this.